Transfer visitor this week: Josh Uduje, Coastal Carolina

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Transfer visitor this week: Josh Uduje, Coastal Carolina

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Has played two seasons thus far, averaging 6.8 and 13.3 pts, respectively. Was a 31.6% 3 pt shooter this year.

[tweet][/tweet]

Jason94
Admiral

Re: Transfer visitor this week: Josh Uduje, Coastal Carolina

Post by Jason94 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:40 pm Has played two seasons thus far, averaging 6.8 and 13.3 pts, respectively. Was a 31.6% 3 pt shooter this year.

[tweet][/tweet]
Intriguing. He didn't dominate the offensive possessions for CC but played a major role in it, playing about 30 mpg and taking a large number of shots. His FT% suggests that he could really improve his accuracy from three. He was pretty good at creating turnovers, shot pretty well from inside the arc, and didn't turn the ball over too often. With a lowered usage and improved three point accuracy, he could be pretty dangerous.

And while I note that his three point accuracy could improve, it is already at least as good a Trey Thomas, and Uduje almost certainly has a higher defensive ceiling at 6'-5". Uduje also shot way better from inside the arc than either Thomas or Stute. But he also played on a pretty bad team in a bad conference. Maybe he transitions to the SEC like Manjon did, but he could also have early struggles against much better teams and athletes, like Manjon did.

This is kind of what I envision when I say that Thomas and Stute should be improved upon. There are a lot of players who can probably do better than they did this past season. We will need these improvements to make up for the loss of Robbins, Wright and to some extent QMB.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Re: Transfer visitor this week: Josh Uduje, Coastal Carolina

Post by Vandysmith »

Has improve his scoring from freshman to sophomore season. This tell me he will get better or maybe not because of SEC play. Who knows how he will do but give him a chance, he may be great. If he picks Vandy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic