Lunardi

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Obvious
Captain

Lunardi

Post by Obvious »

Looks like joe Lunardi has added us to the bubble finally.

Obvious
Captain

Re: Lunardi

Post by Obvious »

We’re hard to find on that list but we’re “considered” right under last 4 byes.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

And one last media spotlight. Andy Katz has us ranked 24th.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... -power?amp
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Obvious wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:53 pm And one last media spotlight. Andy Katz has us ranked 24th.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... -power?amp
Team Rankings . com changed our odds of being in from 18% to 33%

Yet, predictably... they rate the game at UK as nearly unwinnable and the other 3 remaining as pretty much toss-ups. I thought we might be solid faves in the next two. :roll:

Linardo and the rest are in it for the money. You never see them picking a nearly perfect bracket in the dance once it starts. On the other hand, I win the bracket pool I've played for years at least 50% of the time. It pays (literally) to pay more attention to filling out a bracket right than splitting hairs over who is in. Unless you get paid by ESPN or CBS Sports to be one of those click-bait hair-splitters.

I'll give you one free. Gonzaga out early. They are 2-4 vs top 25 in the Sagrin. No way a top ten team.

You're welcome.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

I’m just glad to finally see some national attention. It’s looking like Kentucky at rupp will be our most important game left to play. I think we should be favored in the other 3 whether we will be or not.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

Obvious wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:18 pm I’m just glad to finally see some national attention. It’s looking like Kentucky at rupp will be our most important game left to play. I think we should be favored in the other 3 whether we will be or not.
msu may be the most important. we could probably lose at rupp, which must be considered likely but not inevitable, and still have a decent chance to dance. but if the blue kitties do prevail over us, that final home game with the cowbellers would be crucial (possibly for both us and msu) for keeping hopes of dancing alive. hopefully the team, unlike us, is thinking only about lsu.
ymtn64
Chief

Post by ymtn64 »

Actually, the most important game is at LSU. Some will think that is because its the next game, and yes the next game is always the most important game to some extent. The reality is losing at LSU would be considered a bad loss, and that would hurt us lots!
Locked Previous topicNext topic