PREMIUM: The Athletic's profile of VU commit London Humphreys

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

PREMIUM: The Athletic's profile of VU commit London Humphreys

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

The WR recruit is a tremendous athlete who is now attracting interest from other P5 programs.

https://theathletic.com/3529067/2022/08 ... ed_article

DonYates
Commodore

Re: PREMIUM: The Athletic's profile of VU commit London Humphreys

Post by DonYates »

“I knew nothing,” Humphreys said this month from CPA, laughing at playbook knowledge. “I’d just run out there and just wait for (my coach) to like, draw (my route) with his hand … And I would just do what he drew.”

Still, as Humphreys took off toward the far side of the field on that fall afternoon three years ago, CPA coaches couldn’t help but notice how he exploded off the line of scrimmage, despite his questionable — at best — stance. He then contorted his body to position himself for a ball thrown behind him, came down with the reception and kept running for additional yards after the catch.

“I thought, ‘OK, this kid’s special,'” said Brian Epps, CPA’s strength and conditioning coach. “What’s so exciting about London is his ceiling is way up here (gestures).
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Dang, this story is likely to make his stock blow up. I had no idea he was a 4.41 40 guy. Hoping Vandy can hold onto him.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Both parents are VU grads, so that helps. I also have it on good authority that London is as solid a person as there is.
freckles
Petty Officer

Post by freckles »

Seadog73 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:52 pm Both parents are VU grads, so that helps. I also have it on good authority that London is as solid a person as there is.
Unfortunately, they're not VU grads. His dad is a current assistant coach at Vandy (All-American pole vaulter at Auburn) while his mom was an All-American decathlete at South Carolina.
Locked Previous topicNext topic