May miss SEC Tournament

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandy86
Captain

May miss SEC Tournament

Post by vandy86 »

We have at present the 7th best record in Sec with several teams 1 game behind. However, we have the 3rd best overall record.
We could miss SEC tournament and still make the NCAA
We need to end with great ball and take as many games as we can

Anchor Down DORES !!!

Versus75
Admiral

Re: May miss SEC Tournament

Post by Versus75 »

Still need to finish strong, but if we don’t highly unlikely that Vanderbilt misses the SEC Tournament.

3-game lead over Kentucky and Mizzou; 2-game lead over Florida; and the tiebreaker against all three.

Also, 3-game lead over Ole Miss.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Panic button? We are not playing great, but we certainly are still a good team. Anything can happen but highly doubtful we will be in the bottom two.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I hope we make some adjustments in our offensive strategy.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

When Vaz is up, i at least get the feeling that he will be pesky and will battle. I would hit him second. For those who don't like lefty/lefty, I ask whether anything else has worked. I would hit Bulger 3rd. He does not strike out as much as the others and if either of the top two get on, he is more likely to put it in play. Yes, DP possibility so if either of top 2 get on, we run.
Carter has to play in my opinion. He needs a lucky break, a bleeder or swinging bunt or something, He also could try laying down a bunt at least a few times.

Diaz needs a break. He will be a very good player before he is done, but struggling mentally. He plays a very good third base, but many teams win with a defensive liability at third. Perhaps Vaz at third. We shift so much that many times he will be at or near 2nd anyway.
Still would like to know if McKenzie is available. Not saying he is the answer, but what the heck.

Just my two cents. I reserve the right to change my mind based on results....haha
Locked Previous topicNext topic