VC Says Terren Frank Has Entered Portal

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Nashmann
Admiral

VC Says Terren Frank Has Entered Portal

Post by Nashmann »

Verbal Commits on Twitter has stated Terren Frank has entered the transfer portal...wish him well.

Enough room for Scotty to stay if he wants now. If he leaves we can get a good guard from the portal if there are any we can get.
Last edited by Nashmann on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: VC Says Terren Frank Has Entered Portal

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Can't say any of us are surprised. I wish him well, but he's one of those guys that just never had a defined skill set for high level basketball. He has a better chance of identifying what he does well at a mid-major.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

He never could get a handle on his game...and very average defense for his size. Yes, will help some mid-major team..
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Has still not been added to the big list by Verbal.

The 247 Vandy site doesn't report Frank in the portal but the Rivals one does.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:30 am Can't say any of us are surprised. I wish him well, but he's one of those guys that just never had a defined skill set for high level basketball. He has a better chance of identifying what he does well at a mid-major.
Frank definitely had his issues - has really good size, but seemed hesitant to use it, and with the development of QMB, and the addition of Dort and Smith, the front court is pretty stacked, and we have both Wrigth and Stute who could play the PF spot. Difficult to see how he gets much playing time next season with us.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

I wonder how many of these portal decisions are the result of a dialogue between the coach and individual players. Maybe something like the coach saying: we like you as a person, but it is unlikely you will receive much playing time next year or the following year. You will probably fit better in another program.

Certainly a good coach will constantly communicate with his players. To find out what they are thinking and doing.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Jason94 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:38 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:30 am Can't say any of us are surprised. I wish him well, but he's one of those guys that just never had a defined skill set for high level basketball. He has a better chance of identifying what he does well at a mid-major.
Frank definitely had his issues - has really good size, but seemed hesitant to use it, and with the development of QMB, and the addition of Dort and Smith, the front court is pretty stacked, and we have both Wrigth and Stute who could play the PF spot. Difficult to see how he gets much playing time next season with us.
For the unfamiliar:

Dort - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/peJ5Y8R9y_U

Smith - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2TAVoxN8l0

Shelby - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIV553DFvI

Dia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mshsomuB2EE
Locked Previous topicNext topic