Not ready for another episode of the Jake Mangum show.

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dcdore
Admiral

Not ready for another episode of the Jake Mangum show.

Post by dcdore »

nm

Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
CLTDore
Captain

Re: Not ready for another episode of the Jake Mangum show.

Post by CLTDore »

Don't forget about the "undrafted but should have definitely been a first rounder" Elijah.
Versus75
Admiral

KP says of Louisville ...

Post by Versus75 »

... "This is who they are, a stolen base machine."

Well, he's not looking beyond the "season" stats.

True, Louisville has 7 players with at least 8 SB on the season and 106 (in 132 attempts) all season.

Also true:
9 of the SB (9 attempts) were in one game versus Morehead State
7 of the SB (7 attempts) were in one game versus James Madison
5 of the SB (5 attempts) were in another James Madison game
5 of the SB (5 attempts) were in one game versus Alabama A&M
4 of the SB (4 attempts) were in one game versus Miami (Ohio)
4 of the SB (4 attempts) were in one game versus Northern Kentucky
7 of the SB (7 attempts) were in two games versus Brown

That's 41-41 in 8 games against considerably weaker competition. In essence, Louisville is a stolen base machine against teams it should dominate; 65 SB versus 26 CS in the other games (71.4% successful).

And this:
Louisville has attempted only ONE stolen base in FIVE GAMES from the Super Regionals through tonight's CWS game. That was a Caught Stealing versus Vanderbilt.*

*The Louisville runner thrown out early in the MSU game was not charged with a Caught Stealing. He took off when the pitch hit the dirt; if he made second base safely the call would have been Wild Pitch. The college rule (I don't know about MLB) is that if the runner cannot get credit for an SB if successful he is not charged with a CS if unsuccessful.

(And as I write this the guys in the booth have twice talked about that unsung hero MacNamee)
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I will say one thing though, Mangum's mom is hot! Diid anyone else see her?
CLTDore
Captain

Post by CLTDore »

A hahahahahahahaahhaha. Great base running Jake
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

And Jake ends his career sitting on his butt in center as the winning run comes home.
CLTDore
Captain

Post by CLTDore »

I'll give him credit. He didn't cry. There were 2:1 odds that he would cry if they lost.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I would've been fine playing either team, but I'm really glad to see State out of it. See ya.
CLTDore
Captain

Post by CLTDore »

CLTDore wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 pm I'll give him credit. He didn't cry. There were 2:1 odds that he would cry if they lost.
Nevermind. He did cry in the post game interview. Never want to see the Mayor cry. :lol:
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

commadore wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 pm I will say one thing though, Mangum's mom is hot! Diid anyone else see her?
Well, that does remind me of a crush I had on my friend's mom back in high school. Her daughter was a cheerleader and they could have almost passed for sisters. When I got the courage up to ask out the daughter, I accidentally called her her mom's name and when she asked what that was all about, I confessed to how I felt about her mom. This was long before "The Graduate" or "American Pie" mind you. So she hung up on me and when May came around, she refused to sign my yearbook and that was like a major bummer because it was like when these young kids today "unfriend" somebody on social media. We didn't have the facebook or the twitter back then. That was back in the days when you had to actually spread gossip about a person in person if you wanted to ruin their reputation. Some years later I saw the daughter working at the bakery where I went to buy scones and she pretended not to even see me. So I went to the other bakery across the street to get scones but that bakery didn't use a light caramel glaze on them like the one where the daughter was working. Caramel is very underrated in the bakery business. It can be used as a flavoring in puddings and desserts, or even as a filling in bonbons. And every time I see bonbons, I think about her mom. Who looked kind of like Mangum's mom.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wish Jake Mangum all the best. He's a really good player. Glad to see MSU's season end tonight though.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Ellie.......another fine trip back in time!! 👌
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

EllistonVU wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:12 pm
commadore wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 pm I will say one thing though, Mangum's mom is hot! Diid anyone else see her?
Well, that does remind me of a crush I had on my friend's mom back in high school. Her daughter was a cheerleader and they could have almost passed for sisters. When I got the courage up to ask out the daughter, I accidentally called her her mom's name and when she asked what that was all about, I confessed to how I felt about her mom. This was long before "The Graduate" or "American Pie" mind you. So she hung up on me and when May came around, she refused to sign my yearbook and that was like a major bummer because it was like when these young kids today "unfriend" somebody on social media. We didn't have the facebook or the twitter back then. That was back in the days when you had to actually spread gossip about a person in person if you wanted to ruin their reputation. Some years later I saw the daughter working at the bakery where I went to buy scones and she pretended not to even see me. So I went to the other bakery across the street to get scones but that bakery didn't use a light caramel glaze on them like the one where the daughter was working. Caramel is very underrated in the bakery business. It can be used as a flavoring in puddings and desserts, or even as a filling in bonbons. And every time I see bonbons, I think about her mom. Who looked kind of like Mangum's mom.
Nothing tops caramel. I often buy a 1/2 gallon of homemade vanilla ice cream, then cover it with caramel topping, sit down in my favorite recliner and watch a movie while eating my caramel-topped ice cream. Sometimes I have to pause the movie in order to go reload on caramel-topped vanilla ice cream. Sometimes I just go to YouTube, find a video of Mangum's mom, and then put her on the screen and just slurp away on my ice cream while I ogle her. Then I go to bed.
CLTDore
Captain

Post by CLTDore »

admin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 pm I wish Jake Mangum all the best. He's a really good player. Glad to see MSU's season end tonight though.

Gotcha Don. All in good fun. These are really just kids and we shouldn't be so hard on them.
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

Now that State is gone who are the announcers and media going to root for? Michigan is my guess.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

888, you are sicker than I am, though that ice cream thing sounds pretty good. And yes, Michigan will now be the darling.
That is why it is imperative we win tonight, so we can go back to Fellows and Rocker.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

commadore wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 am 888, you are sicker than I am, though that ice cream thing sounds pretty good. And yes, Michigan will now be the darling.
That is why it is imperative we win tonight, so we can go back to Fellows and Rocker.
And that way Corbs won't be tempted to start Raby in a national championship game three.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

You could easily option that whole thing as a screenplay.

geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

EllistonVU wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:20 am
commadore wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 am 888, you are sicker than I am, though that ice cream thing sounds pretty good. And yes, Michigan will now be the darling.
And that way Corbs won't be tempted to start Raby in a national championship game three.
I break into a cold sweat just thinking about that possibility.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Elliston, you get a VandyMania T-shirt for that post. Please email me your address and shirt size. donyates@vandymania.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic