Kentucky Thursday

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Rain delay allows sanity to return

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Now 16-10 and still batting with 1 out in 9th.

vandybl
Commander

Re: Kentucky Thursday

Post by vandybl »

VU 8th: Phillip Clarke with a triple to drive in Martin and Bleday. Vandy takes an 11-10 lead. King gets the Cats 3 up, 3 down in the 8th. Vandy then gets 5 more in the ninth to take a 16-10 lead. Scott and Martin each have four hits. The 90 minute rain delay at the end of the 7th gave the Vandy Boys new life. Must have been some good conversations during the rain delay in the team bus. Big win for Vandy if they hang on.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Zowie! We rallied while I was away. You're welcome.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Final: Vanderbilt 16, Kentucky 10
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
vufan1
Rear Admiral

Post by vufan1 »

Well Clarke's huge 2-out triple in the 8th and our outburst in the 9th saved our bullpen from major embarrassment. 5 runs given up in 1.1 innings with only 2 hits (3 BBs and 2 HBP). To give up a 9-0 lead to one of the worst teams in the SEC was hard to watch and was almost a repeat of what we did with Tx A&M. Let's all hope this inability to throw strikes doesn't rear its ugly head during post-season play.
KAVandy05
Petty Officer

Post by KAVandy05 »

I stopped checking after an hour of delay, to join a friend for cigars, and beer, and moonshine, and rum, and bourbon, and rye (yeah, bit of a tasting) to avoid baseball for the rest of the night... will anyone chip in for my rehab if I pummel my liver through a natty run?
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

KAVandy05 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:16 am I stopped checking after an hour of delay, to join a friend for cigars, and beer, and moonshine, and rum, and bourbon, and rye (yeah, bit of a tasting) to avoid baseball for the rest of the night... will anyone chip in for my rehab if I pummel my liver through a natty run?
Sure, I'll pitch in a case of natty light.*

*only if I can share. On second thought, we might need an upgrade on the case, we're not in school anymore.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Whew, that was a loooonng hour+ waiting for play to resume. Corbin was clearly trying to let Franklin work through a situation with a longer term benefit in mind, and it almost backfired. Said it all year, the bullpen is not Omaha caliber. We have two we can count on, and the rest is 50/50 hit or miss.
Locked Previous topicNext topic