Vanderbilt-LSU SECT Thread

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt-LSU SECT Thread

Post by UltimateVUFan »

bernstml19 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:54 pm
bernstml19 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:51 pm I don’t think beating lsu gets us dancing. Concerned how much our starters played tonight. Was not a walk through. Kentucky will be hard.
Edit…we may be in. Wisconsin Nevada Michigan and UNC all lost to bad opponents tonight.
UNC’s loss was to #13 UVA. I think the committee puts them in as they spent much of the beginning of the season ranked #1 and have 20 wins. And they’re UNC.

Those others help, though.

VirginiaDore
Ensign

Post by VirginiaDore »

I watched the UVA-UNC game tonight. Who knows what the committee will do, but the talking heads who called the game (Jay Bilas and somebody) were giving UNC no chance to dance whatsoever unless they could win tonight and “probably” tomorrow as well. Apparently the only “quality” win of the year among the Heels’ 20 victories was UVA a couple of weeks ago.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

docdore wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:08 pm
Nashmann wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:01 pm Basically this whole team could be back! Well at least one has to leave.
robbins and ansong will both be eligibility-depleted.
I know that. I was referring to those that are actually playing. Robbins out for the year and Ansong rides the bench.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Let's talk about defense for a second.

Miller/Reed/J. Williams were held to a combined 0-19 from the field and 0-8 from three. That's big. Seeing as Miller alone had 18 points in the game at Baton Rouge. Which we lost. You see how that works?

Jordon Wright's 15 boards sets him up to be the "Jeff Roberson" undersized power forward for next season.

QMB didn't score but blocked 5 shots. LSU combined for ONE blocked shot.

Misc. - our FT shooting was not so hot but if you take away the two dreadful misses by Dort, it was 70% and in all fairness, he was really rusty coming back off an injury situation.
GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Post by GoheenFan88 »

Great to get this win. I fell asleep at halftime and was very nervous hitting refresh to see the final score.

On to Kentucky!
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:54 am Let's talk about defense for a second.

Miller/Reed/J. Williams were held to a combined 0-19 from the field and 0-8 from three. That's big. Seeing as Miller alone had 18 points in the game at Baton Rouge. Which we lost. You see how that works?

Jordon Wright's 15 boards sets him up to be the "Jeff Roberson" undersized power forward for next season.

QMB didn't score but blocked 5 shots. LSU combined for ONE blocked shot.

Misc. - our FT shooting was not so hot but if you take away the two dreadful misses by Dort, it was 70% and in all fairness, he was really rusty coming back off an injury situation.
Jeff Roberson is a good comparison and one of the most underrated players we’ve had.
vandytoad
Rear Admiral

Post by vandytoad »

And Jeff Roberson was a Corey Smith.

See the 8 minute mark on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvtxqSpQ38U
Locked Previous topicNext topic