Most Detailed Article I've Seen on the NC State Situation....

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MountainDore
Lieutenant

Most Detailed Article I've Seen on the NC State Situation....

Post by MountainDore »

was posted this morning on ESPN.com :https://www.espn.com/college-sports/bas ... ilt-finals

Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Re: Most Detailed Article I've Seen on the NC State Situation....

Post by Wolfpack73 »

Nc state wanted to play. From what I've heard vandy wanted to play. What changed from Friday to Saturday in the am? Should have played even with 13. No excuses. No asterix
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

Wolfpack73 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:17 pm Nc state wanted to play. From what I've heard vandy wanted to play. What changed from Friday to Saturday in the am? Should have played even with 13. No excuses. No asterix
I mentioned in a previous post, positive cases went from 2 earlier in the week, to 4 at gametime on Friday, to 8 Friday night. Given the cavalier attitudes NC State appears to have taken towards sick team members, there is a great chance even more people will be positive by today. The NCAA probably didn't want to take a chance on that.
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

Wolfpack73 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:17 pm Nc state wanted to play. From what I've heard vandy wanted to play. What changed from Friday to Saturday in the am? Should have played even with 13. No excuses. No asterix
This, apparently:
That night, the entire team took PCR tests, which are more invasive and are sent to a lab. While the six-member medical team was awaiting results, it consulted with the Douglas County (Nebraska) Health Department over various scenarios. The results came back late Friday night, during a long rain delay in the Texas-Mississippi State game.

"There were additional people not cleared," Holman said.

Vaccinated players were among the positive cases. The NCAA's decision came swiftly, and both teams were contacted. At 1:10 a.m. CT, the NCAA issued a statement.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MountainDore wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:33 pm
This, apparently:
That night, the entire team took PCR tests, which are more invasive and are sent to a lab. While the six-member medical team was awaiting results, it consulted with the Douglas County (Nebraska) Health Department over various scenarios. The results came back late Friday night, during a long rain delay in the Texas-Mississippi State game.

"There were additional people not cleared," Holman said.

Vaccinated players were among the positive cases. The NCAA's decision came swiftly, and both teams were contacted. At 1:10 a.m. CT, the NCAA issued a statement.
The way I put this together is that four additional people tested positive, those four were vaccinated people, which means they were four of the 13. That left NC State with nine players, only one of which was a pitcher. Not sure if that pitcher was one who had pitched on Friday. If so, how do you play the game? If not, do you really want to put his arm on the line to pitch nine innings with no relief?
Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Post by Wolfpack73 »

Was saban issued a statement when he coached when he had covid? Was Trevor Lawrence issued his when he was on the sideline for Clemson after he was positive? NCAA money grab
Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Post by Wolfpack73 »

BTW. I'm being sarcastic. Sort of. Lol
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

You're saying only let vaccinated players play.

What a concept!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

BILTMORE wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:12 pm
You're saying only let vaccinated players play.

What a concept!
Except four of the 13 tested positive over night.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Commadore, I thought that you quit watching this team at least twice. What brought you back?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

baseball1234 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:39 pm Commadore, I thought that you quit watching this team at least twice. What brought you back?
A blood infection. All my blood is black and gold. Besides, I am an old hothead (just ask Don). AD* AD* AD*
Locked Previous topicNext topic