OT: Ole Miss uniforms

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

OT: Ole Miss uniforms

Post by Good2BGold »

Throughout the postseason beginning with the SEC tourney, I've heard various college baseball talking heads express their love of the Ole Miss "baby blue" unis. I don't get it. I can't stand them. On the other hand, almost all the ones who love the Ole Miss baby blues also can't stand VU's black-and-gold pinstripe unis. Anyone else notice this? I'm also curious what other Vandy Maniacs think about the Ole Miss baby blues? I think they have worn them in every one of their postseason games.

vutrain
Commander

Re: OT: Ole Miss uniforms

Post by vutrain »

I think they have worn them in every one of their postseason games.

Well, you have that part right. I thought I was seeing things when they showed up at every game with the same unies. They are play Ark. now and are wearing them yet again. Guess they are keeping some manager busy at the WASH-O-MAT.

PS: I love the black pin stripes
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Most of those media types wouldn't know class if it walked up and bit them on the, well, you know. As for me, the black and gold pinstripes are my favorite.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

oI'm a fan of both... but I have an older brother that went to Ole Miss and I like the throw-back look of them. Also love the black pinstripes. One thing I miss about VU - where are those cream throwbacks this year?? Or the gray ones we had a couple years back??

And I really like this years Vandy USA / Military uniforms
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

vu2003rpl wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm oI'm a fan of both... but I have an older brother that went to Ole Miss and I like the throw-back look of them. Also love the black pinstripes. One thing I miss about VU - where are those cream throwbacks this year?? Or the gray ones we had a couple years back??

And I really like this years Vandy USA / Military uniforms
I don't love the new military appreciation unis, but neither do I hate them; I just liked the old red, white, and blue ones we wore previously more.
KAVandy05
Petty Officer

Post by KAVandy05 »

Given that nearly every Major League team has trotted out baby blues at some point, we should have our own version made next time we play Ole Miss... just to break Twitter in Mississippi.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

KAVandy05 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:05 pm Given that nearly every Major League team has trotted out baby blues at some point, we should have our own version made next time we play Ole Miss... just to break Twitter in Mississippi.
HA! I love this idea.

Back when Peyton was with Indy and the Titans couldn't beat him, I used to joke the Titans should come out wearing UF Gators colored uniforms just to see the reaction.
StarTraveler
Commander

Post by StarTraveler »

They can keep their baby blues; they look sort of like pajamas to me.

As a couple of others have said, our black with gold pin stripes are my favorite. They look very professional, classy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic