Did Lunardi read my posts today and get butt-hurt?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Did Lunardi read my posts today and get butt-hurt?

Post by dallasdore »

Now, Vanderbilt has been removed from his next four out and replaced with... Charleston? Not Oregon, who was listed beneath us, but replaces us.

And Penn State gets moved up????

He is such a joke. I pray the members of the committee pay zero attention to him.

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Did Lunardi read my posts today and get butt-hurt?

Post by MrMemorial »

C of C did rally yesterday after being being behind at halftime to beat that hoops power Towson.

Maybe that is a quad 1 win? (sarcasm alert)
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

LOL! Yeah, Lunardi confused Towson with Kentucky and started salivating, he could replace that terrible Vanderbilt team on his next four out.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

dallasdore wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:17 am LOL! Yeah, Lunardi confused Towson with Kentucky and started salivating, he could replace that terrible Vanderbilt team on his next four out.
"FanSided" who I used to ignore now has VU in it's "Bid Thief" special article...

quote:

9. Vanderbilt Commodores
Vandy had no hope midway through SEC play, before an incredible run to end the regular season. The Commodores won 8 of 9 games, including wins over Tennessee, Auburn, and Kentucky. They’re the sixth seed in the conference tournament and would have a rematch with the Wildcats in the quarterfinals, a team they actually match up with well.

Including Texas A&M last season, the SEC Tournament usually has a team each year that makes a darkhorse run. A healthy Vanderbilt squad, led by leading scorer/rebounder Liam Robbins (15.0 ppg and 6.8 rpg). He’s injured but the team has plenty of scoring depth (5 players with at least 9.0 ppg), and all the momentum in the world right now, and while they have little at-large shot, has a favorable path to make things interesting.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Is this reliable and accurate, or someone just looking for clicks with wild speculation?
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

dallasdore wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:15 pm Is this reliable and accurate, or someone just looking for clicks with wild speculation?
Seems like some of both.
Troubadore
Rear Admiral

Post by Troubadore »

Interesting that we finish tied for 4th in the conference and we're out, while the 9th and 10th place teams (MSU & Arkansas) are in. Per Sagarin, our SOS was 34, Arkansas 33, and MSU 64, but they finished one or two games better overall. Hmm.

With Liam and our recent momentum we would have been a serious dark horse threat. Without him and unless Dort returns and blooms immediately we may get tapped on the shoulder right away, if we're invited at all at 20-14.
Locked Previous topicNext topic