Phil Steele Top 25

The best forum for fans of ever improving Kentucky Wildcats football program.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Phil Steele Top 25

Post by Wildcat15 »

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/7/21/21 ... kings-2020

He has us as the No 21 team in the country and as one of eight SEC schools on the list (though admittedly we are the final one). With Tennessee as 20 and Auburn at 19 we would only have to outdo his predictions by a small amount to be on the verge of being a top 5 school in the conference. Bama (3), A&M (5), LSU (6), Georgia (7) and Florida (13) are the others.
Kentucky14 Staff
Site Admin

Re: Phil Steele Top 25

Post by Kentucky14 Staff »

They always underrate/rank Kentucky in football. If Terry Wilson can stay healthy I can see UK finishing in the 12-18 rank range. There are 9 very winnable games on the schedule. On the @Florida, @Auburn and Georgia game look very difficult. If UK can knock off Georgia in Lexington on Nov. 21st then they will be talking UK 2018 level rankings.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

Kentucky14 Staff wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:50 am They always underrate/rank Kentucky in football. If Terry Wilson can stay healthy I can see UK finishing in the 12-18 rank range. There are 9 very winnable games on the schedule. On the @Florida, @Auburn and Georgia game look very difficult. If UK can knock off Georgia in Lexington on Nov. 21st then they will be talking UK 2018 level rankings.
I tend to agree with this. The SEC feels very top heavy right now with plenty of teams we can beat in the middle third that are on our schedule. Of the three you mentioned the Florida game os the one that has me the most intruiged, especially if the game is played with a less than full corwd (Covid) which would destroy their home field advantage.
Kentucky14 Staff
Site Admin

Post by Kentucky14 Staff »

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how some of the lower-tier teams in the SEC do on the road against the upper cusp of the SEC, with no crowds. I think they should at least allow students to attend games. They are young and much less at risk. You are only in college for a few years and then it's off to work for most of the rest of your life. Let them enjoy the darn football games.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

Kentucky14 Staff wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:32 am Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how some of the lower-tier teams in the SEC do on the road against the upper cusp of the SEC, with no crowds. I think they should at least allow students to attend games. They are young and much less at risk. You are only in college for a few years and then it's off to work for most of the rest of your life. Let them enjoy the darn football games.
https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/7/29/21 ... all-sports

This doesn't make things sound all the promising.