Joko Willis

The best forum for fans of ever improving Kentucky Wildcats football program.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Joko Willis

Post by Wildcat15 »

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/5/29/21 ... g-sec-news

2021 JuCo linebacker. WIll have three seasons of eligibility left. At 6-foot-3 and 215 he is built like a truck already. Given out success at the second level on defense over the last few years I have no idea why any linebacker wouldn't want to come and play for us at this point.
Kentucky14 Staff
Site Admin

Re: Joko Willis

Post by Kentucky14 Staff »

Stoops has done a great job recruiting. I doubted him when he was first hired, didn't think he would last more than 3 or 4 years. But he's done pretty well. He's recruiting well. That finish to the 2020 class was amazing. He brought in a number of very good players at the last minute.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

Agreed. Those last-minute commits are where a coach earns his stripes for my money. The ability at the back end of the cycle to get players to stick, while also turning guys onto the program and away from other teams. Will be interesting to see what he does for the rest of the 2021 class too.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

“He was probably the best player on the field every night except for the night we played Trevor Lawrence,” said Glisson, referencing a loss to the current Clemson star’s team during Willis’ junior season.
This quote from Willis' high school head coach via the Herald Leader makes me really excited to see what instant impact the LB will make for us next year.