No Top 25 Love

The best forum for fans of ever improving Kentucky Wildcats football program.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

No Top 25 Love

Post by Wildcat15 »

One season finishes and so the next begins. All the usual suspects have been producing their "way too early 2021 rankings" or some version thereof and the Wildcats have yet to make a list (as far as I can tell). With 17 starters coming back - including the QB we began the year with - I feel like we should be slipping into the bottom five or so of some of these polls if people were really paying attention.

I guess we will just have to show them all again next season.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Re: No Top 25 Love

Post by Wildcat15 »

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/c ... 42434657_1

Still no love in the Top 25 pieces but we at last are on someone's radar. This article looks at the sleepers for next season and has us as one of two SEC teams in that category with Texas A&M being the other. This is my favorite part of the write up on Kentucy,
Expect another bowl berth and an unexpected win or two over a Top 25 team next fall for Kentucky. The Wildcats are too well-coached not to hold the sleeper label.
CatWarsh
Alley Cat

Post by CatWarsh »

Looks like it's going to be possible for 9 or 10 wins. Still going to have a tough schedule with away games at Louisville, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida and Mizzou. Not saying we can't be favored or ready to win most of the games on the schedule with the exception of one or maybe two.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

A double-digit win season should be the goal here. It doesn't have to be set as an expectation, just something the players and staff agree to focus on and strive towards by the end of 2020.
CatWarsh
Alley Cat

Post by CatWarsh »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-ranking/

For these CBS rankings we moved up six slots to #37 overall for last season's finish. Feels like next season we can be knocking on the door of top 15-20.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

While we still aren't finding our way into any Top 25 lists the latest ESPN FPI has us at 33rd in the country. This is great, but it also means we are only the 8th best team in the SEC :lol:

If someone can explain why Tennessee is up to No. 19 then that would be great.