Toledo

The best forum for fans of ever improving Kentucky Wildcats football program.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Toledo

Post by Wildcat15 »

I'm not sure I love this game, mainly because of its opening night positioning, but it will be a great look at where we are with new talent stepping in. This Toledo team is good enough to win the MAC, so if we are able to post a win by anything more than a couple of touchdowns I think we are going to be in a great spot for the year.

Thoughts?
Kentucky14 Staff
Site Admin

Re: Toledo

Post by Kentucky14 Staff »

Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

Defense and playing clean will be important. Offense always takes longer to bed in at the start of the season than defense does. We have to come out firing on D and stop Toledo moving the ball. Then we simply have to limit the mistakes when we have the ball. It should be simple enough to know what to do. Now do it.
Wildcat15
Fat Cat

Post by Wildcat15 »

This game kind of went as predicted and that is a good thing. Sure, things took a while to get up and running, but when they did we finished with a reasonably convincing win against a team that is going to win a lot of games this season.

The defense was amazing in the second half, though its worth wondering how the game would have gone had Mitchell Guadagni had stayed in it.