Miss St WINS

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Miss St WINS

Post by VanDSIRROM »

Final pitch yields a walkoff homer for Miss St...FSU out of NCAA...

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: Miss St WINS

Post by Levon »

VanDSIRROM wrote:Final pitch yields a walkoff homer for Miss St...FSU out of NCAA...
It looks like the FSU starter went the entire way, walked 2 in the 9th around a foul out and a strikeout, and then lost on his 133rd pitch of the game. I suspect the FSU faithful are wailing about why the starter was left in so long. That's a gut wrenching way to lose.
KAVandy05
Petty Officer

Post by KAVandy05 »

Levon wrote:
VanDSIRROM wrote: I suspect the FSU faithful are wailing about why the starter was left in so long.
They should be wailing, he came back in after a 2.5 hour rain delay.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Mike Martin is the wins leader in college baseball history and he mad a huge blunder. I can't believe you bring him back after the delay at all.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

As the father of a NCAA pitcher, I would sure be unhappy with Martin for leaving the kid in there for over 130 pitches......really coach? Get a clue and save this kids arm.
Locked Previous topicNext topic