Tim Langford on KU

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold

SCSA

Tim Langford on KU

Post by SCSA » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:00 pm

What a piece of work. He made this decision for his son and had no intention of it being Kansas. Yet he allowed them to stay on the list.

Big charade. This was always Indiana and could've been announced months ago.

https://twitter.com/MikeMillerHT/status ... 1524228096
0 x

CLTDore

Re: Tim Langford on KU

Post by CLTDore » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Relax a little bit bro. I can tell you are taking this hard. As long suffering Vandy fans, we fully expected this result. Who cares about the kid's dad and his agenda. We will be OK.
Last edited by CLTDore on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

kerrigjl
Site Admin

Post by kerrigjl » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Wasn't always IU:

"TH: How did he come to finally pick IU?

TL: "It was a long process, he had a pretty good idea of where he wanted to go. IU wasn't his first choice at the start, but I guess as the process went, he felt comfortable with Coach Miller and stuff like that. And then the one visit he did went well."

TH: Always a fun question - who finished second?

TL: Vanderbilt.

TH: Why Vandy - how close were they?

TL: "They were real close. It was between Indiana and Vanderbilt if I had to say. Coach Drew, played six years in the NBA, plus his coaching style. They have some great assistant coaches too."

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/behind- ... m-langford
0 x
"I am a Commodore and we don't jump ship just because our team is a few points behind." -- Maj. John D. McGillis

SCSA

Post by SCSA » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Did the kid make this decision or the dad?
0 x

CLTDore

Post by CLTDore » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 pm

SCSA wrote:Did the kid make this decision or the dad?
What does it matter? Maybe as a 17-18 year old he respected the opinion and guidance of his family. There is nothing wrong with that. The reality is that he is going to spend 9 months in college. While the ceremony was a little much, I don't see this being Lavar Ball 2.0.
0 x

commadore

Post by commadore » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:24 pm

CLTDore wrote:
What does it matter? Maybe as a 17-18 year old he respected the opinion and guidance of his family. There is nothing wrong with that. The reality is that he is going to spend 9 months in college. While the ceremony was a little much, I don't see this being Lavar Ball 2.0.
No, more like 1.8.
0 x

4timenatlchamps

Post by 4timenatlchamps » Tue May 01, 2018 6:52 am

CLTDore wrote:
This is how I feel. I feel like if I were in his shoes that would absolutely factor into my decision. Especially if he isn't expecting to be there a full year.

The spectacle was a bit much but whatever, it was his right.

I will say that the replies to that tweet from IU fans are pompous and self-righteous.
0 x

SCSA

Post by SCSA » Tue May 01, 2018 7:09 am

IU Basketall = ut Football, except that ut has won something in the last quarter century.
0 x

vandy05

Post by vandy05 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:12 pm

High school and college basketball is an interesting beast.

There are soooo many vultures out there looking to take advantage of players and their families. It really takes a strong family dynamic to keep those people away. The family has to make it known that they're involved and are the guiding hand in the process. Otherwise the vultures swoop in to do what they do. Now, Lavar Ball took it too far and he is delusional. But his premise about the crookedness of recruiting and all the agents involved is correct.
0 x

AirForceDore

Post by AirForceDore » Tue May 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Great, glad dad was involved. Guess what, I was involved with my sons college of choice. I will be involved with my daughters as well. My dad, back in 1996 was a major part in my decision to leave college and enlist in the Air Force. Its what parents do, assist their kids in major decisions. Remember Jordan Matthews. His mom basically made the decision for him to stay his senior year and graduate and not leave for the NFL after his Jr year. I really wish we could have landed Romeo. Really I do. But as thrilled as I am with Shittu and Garland, I am most excited about Nesmith. That would still be the case had Romeo come to Vandy. This is an 18 year old kid, that had the pressure of an entire state bearing down on him. Dad jumped in and assisted with the decision. Great. Good luck attending a great BIG X school. We will be just fine here in Nashvegas with our beloved Commodores.
0 x

Ndorefin

Post by Ndorefin » Tue May 01, 2018 3:50 pm

I’m still trying to figure out if he wanted to stay in state, why didn’t he choose a basketball school like Purdue or Notre Dame???
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic