Videoboard Rises in the South Endzone...

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DS2001
Rear Admiral

Videoboard Rises in the South Endzone...

Post by DS2001 »

hung between two cranes...Looks like they will be working into Thursday evening to get it and the speakers in place and then test it and get the kinks worked out on Friday. It's all coming together. Also, by the looks of the endzone cams, you will be able to walk in front of the Marriott if your coming from Natchez Trace to get over to Memorial Gym, if your tickets are on that side of the field. They have cleared all of the construction materials off the road and fenced it so you can stroll through there.

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Re: Videoboard Rises in the South Endzone...

Post by FayetteDore »

Yes, I watched the progress off and on all day yesterday (including the equipment truck trying to navigate the dirt construction ramp down to unload, and the assembling of the board and loudspeaker array).

Now my question is, are they going to have to disassemble and reassemble it before and after each home game? Because I read in one of the earlier news reports -- maybe it was the one in which CCL commented on the construction? -- that south-end construction would halt earlier for the week on home-game weekends, in part to allow the scoreboard to be hung on the big cranes. As you can see on the construction cam, the two cranes have a pretty big footprint, and a lot of work went into moving them into place and then assembling and erecting the video scoreboard. If they have to do that six times this season, I can't imagine how much it's costing.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Or … they can suspend some of the construction until after the last home game on Nov. 4.

It’s not that far off.
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Looks like they have turned off the construction cameras tonight, although I don’t really know why.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

DS2001 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm Looks like they have turned off the construction cameras tonight, although I don’t really know why.
I'm guessing in advance of the game tomorrow night.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

DS2001 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm Looks like they have turned off the construction cameras tonight, although I don’t really know why.
The team often does a stadium walkthrough on Friday night/evening... and the opposing team does sometimes too if it's staying in town. Pretty sure the cameras will be off now through at least Sunday.
utahozzie
Commander

Post by utahozzie »

A video board suspended in air by two cranes during a thunderstorm? What could go wrong? Lol
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

utahozzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:10 am A video board suspended in air by two cranes during a thunderstorm? What could go wrong? Lol
A t-storm? In Nashville? What have you been sm- Oh, yeah good ?
Locked Previous topicNext topic