Ava Jaye Black Commits to Vandy

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Ava Jaye Black Commits to Vandy

Post by MikeADore »

:mrgreen:

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Ava Jaye Black Commits to Vandy

Post by MikeADore »

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyJim
Chief

Post by VandyJim »

Well ... I am pleasantly surprised. She's going to help us!
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyJim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:21 pm Well ... I am pleasantly surprised. She's going to help us!
Jim, your girl is growing up. She seems to have gotten bigger since you first told us about her last August. She seemed thinner back then, but she was just starting her sophomore year of high school. Now, a year later, check the shoulders in the photos below. I've seen some highlights of her playing through contact like it's not even there, but she doesn't seem to have lost any of her quickness or shooting touch. I'm excited about her.

VandyJim
Chief

Post by VandyJim »

I like the player. She's hard-nosed, gritty, unafraid to take the big shot. I think she will help the program, just not right away. And my fear is that with the portal so easily accessible, she may not stay. I actually feel that way about two of the magnificent seven Ralph has coming in this year. I guess that when I see a player so often, I aggrandize her bad qualities and minimize her terrific ones. Elite guards in the SEC have both size and quickness.
She definitely is bigger. I didn't see her this season in AAU because I had the little ones -- and totally loved it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic