Cole Spence injury?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

Cole Spence injury?

Post by Seadog73 »

Saturday Down South is quoting Robbie Weinstein as reporting Spence is now out for this season with an ACL tear. That leaves Justin Ball as the only true TE, I think.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Cole Spence injury?

Post by BrentVU »

It's a worry, yes. Last year the double-tight end package with Bresnahan and Schoenwald was a big part of the offensive package. This year it's suddenly questionable whether Vandy will be able to do that at all. You do have two true freshman tight ends coming in, but they've not been fattened up yet and you probably don't want to throw them to the wolves like that.

I have high hopes for the graduate transfer tight end they brought in from Brown, Chris Boyle... he's on campus and participating in offseason workouts, but I don't think he's even on scholarship. So yes, this position group is suddenly a big worry. (Remember also Vandy had Ka'Morreun Pimpton all lined up as a signee last December, and he jilted Vandy on signing day for LSU. And Joel DeCoursey went into the portal rather than come back for a fifth year at Vandy.)
Locked Previous topicNext topic