Vandy Eastern Illinois thread

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

daa84
Petty Officer

Re: Vandy Eastern Illinois thread

Post by daa84 »

Levon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 pm
Levon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 pm
Levon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:21 pm Schultz is reverting a bit, not as sharp as he was in Hoover. Still, getting the job done. Consistency from him going forward will be huge for Vandy. Sweet inning-ending 5-4-3 DP!
Stroooong 8th by Schultz, 3 dominant Ks. That should give us all a warm fuzzy :)
And a strong 9th as well. Very encouraging late season surge by Schultz.
His stuff looked good I thought - fastball was 93-95 and looked like it had life (I’m betting he has improved his spin rate). Easy to forget that a couple years ago he was our closer for a bit and had a very good year. Corbin loves relying on his upper classmen and if we continue to advance Schultz could be someone Corbs continues to go to

commadore
Admiral

Re: Vandy Eastern Illinois thread

Post by commadore »

daa84 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:33 am
Levon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 pm
Levon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:40 pm

Stroooong 8th by Schultz, 3 dominant Ks. That should give us all a warm fuzzy :)
And a strong 9th as well. Very encouraging late season surge by Schultz.
His stuff looked good I thought - fastball was 93-95 and looked like it had life (I’m betting he has improved his spin rate). Easy to forget that a couple years ago he was our closer for a bit and had a very good year. Corbin loves relying on his upper classmen and if we continue to advance Schultz could be someone Corbs continues to go to
That will be great as long as we keep getting the "Good Schultz."
Locked Previous topicNext topic