KICKOFF TIMES SET for first four games of 2023

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

KICKOFF TIMES SET for first four games of 2023

Post by BrentVU »

I think the Wake Forest time will be the earliest game in Vanderbilt football history... it will be on the ACC Network, and I think they try to televise four games in a day sometimes...

Three of the four are at night, and the other starts right after breakfast, so it could be worse... Vandy will avoid the extreme mid-afternoon heat of September on all four.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: KICKOFF TIMES SET for first four games of 2023

Post by BrentVU »

This year it's Hawaii that will have to deal with the jet lag. There are five hours' difference between Nashville and Honolulu, so for them it will be like playing at 1:30 pm, but it messes with your eating schedule and body clock. It will be interesting to see how Hawaii deals with all that.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

BrentVU wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:50 pm This year it's Hawaii that will have to deal with the jet lag. There are five hours' difference between Nashville and Honolulu, so for them it will be like playing at 1:30 pm, but it messes with your eating schedule and body clock. It will be interesting to see how Hawaii deals with all that.
One of the smartest things Vandy did last year when it went to Hawaii was going over there several days in advance of kickoff.

An 11 AM ET kickoff at Wake is something else.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

How can we watch Wake I don't have the ACC network...
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Nashmann wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:03 am How can we watch Wake I don't have the ACC network...
You can stream the ACC Network as long as you have a subscription to a live TV streaming service that carries it, including Hulu + Live TV, FuboTV, Sling TV, DIRECTV STREAM, or Vidgo. A free week of any of those is usually available to sample if you haven't used your free week up. I just got a free month of FUBO and 3 free months or Apple+ from Best Buy when I bought a spare TV for $99 and the TV already has Roku in it and works really good. And delivery was free, I didn't have to even leave the house, it was here the next day.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

4pm local kickoff in Vegas for the UNLV game. I'm not saying I'm going to Vegas for the social aspect, but that kickoff time will hopefully allow for some additional nightlife enjoyment after the game. I was really hoping for a noon local kickoff or 1pm, but this is much preferred to a 7pm local kickoff.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

vandy05 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:37 pm 4pm local kickoff in Vegas for the UNLV game. I'm not saying I'm going to Vegas for the social aspect, but that kickoff time will hopefully allow for some additional nightlife enjoyment after the game. I was really hoping for a noon local kickoff or 1pm, but this is much preferred to a 7pm local kickoff.
Is that game indoors? 4:00 pm in vegas could be quite warm.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

commadore wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:25 pm
vandy05 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:37 pm 4pm local kickoff in Vegas for the UNLV game. I'm not saying I'm going to Vegas for the social aspect, but that kickoff time will hopefully allow for some additional nightlife enjoyment after the game. I was really hoping for a noon local kickoff or 1pm, but this is much preferred to a 7pm local kickoff.
Yes. UNLV plays all home games at Allegiant Stadium, the home of the Raiders and just off the Strip.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:46 pm
commadore wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:25 pm
Yes. UNLV plays all home games at Allegiant Stadium, the home of the Raiders and just off the Strip.
I have walked by it but never gone in.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

Maybe it's just me, or unjustified optimism, but does anyone agree that this schedule looks somewhat positive? Playing all 4 OOC games up front, and being 6 games in before having to visit a stadium as hostile as Gainesville, followed by hosting Georgia, seems like a good opportunity for Coach Lea to get his team in a good place to face those particular tests. Also, the drawing of Auburn on the SECW rotation in the first year of a new administration might prove to be a good thing, and it's a home game.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

coachinwaiting wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:11 am Maybe it's just me, or unjustified optimism, but does anyone agree that this schedule looks somewhat positive? Playing all 4 OOC games up front, and being 6 games in before having to visit a stadium as hostile as Gainesville, followed by hosting Georgia, seems like a good opportunity for Coach Lea to get his team in a good place to face those particular tests. Also, the drawing of Auburn on the SECW rotation in the first year of a new administration might prove to be a good thing, and it's a home game.
I'll say that we could do a lot worse.
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

coachinwaiting wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:11 am Maybe it's just me, or unjustified optimism, but does anyone agree that this schedule looks somewhat positive? Playing all 4 OOC games up front, and being 6 games in before having to visit a stadium as hostile as Gainesville, followed by hosting Georgia, seems like a good opportunity for Coach Lea to get his team in a good place to face those particular tests. Also, the drawing of Auburn on the SECW rotation in the first year of a new administration might prove to be a good thing, and it's a home game.
It looks much more favorable than some of our schedules which were front loaded with difficult matchups right out of the gate. I don’t think Wake will be the same as last year without that QB, Missouri and Kentucky I see as very winnable.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Wake Forest is the key contest in the first half of the season. A win there sets up a potentially great start.
Locked Previous topicNext topic