He’s Back!

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Jason94
Admiral

Re: He’s Back!

Post by Jason94 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:17 pm
Jason94 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:24 pm
No, but the same people who fund VU can fund the NIL. All VU has to do is divert some of the dollars coming into the endowment to the Anchor Impact Fund. It appears that VU received $31 million in contributions in 2021 - a very small sum compared to the over $10 Billion endowment. Get the donors to divert 10% of that money to the AIF and you have a very good start.
Is $31 million just the amount donated to athletics in 2021? That figure seems way too low for the entire university. Over $15 million was donated to VU on the most recent giving day alone (in late April). And the university is engaged in a $3.2 billion capital campaign right now, which doesn't include Vandy United.
https://finance.vanderbilt.edu/accounti ... Report.pdf

I got it from this and since I'm not a financial expert I could be reading this incorrectly. I took the line that said "contributions" as donations to the endowment fund. This is probably tremendously conservative, which is the point. From all sources Vanderbilt took in $1.5 Billion in 2021, and their endowment actually went up by more due to investments of the endowment.

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Obvious wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:55 am
Foreverhopeful wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:48 am
Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:04 pm

Not trolling. Just speaking facts. The only reason everybody is freaking out is because we lost 10 other players over the years that would have been better had they stayed or we recruited better on our misses. players like tyrin are a dime a dozen 3 years in now with the transfer portal.
I really get the feeling that you hate this team and I'm not sure why you continue to post here.
Only comments during games if we are losing. Bashes the coaches and players and threatens to beat up other posters on the forum lol. I silenced him a while back and will need to do it again.
Posted 28 times in 23 hours after a close hard fought loss on the road at Texas A&M. Biggest disgrace in the history of this forum's ~25 years.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Jason94 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:40 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:17 pm
Jason94 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:24 pm
No, but the same people who fund VU can fund the NIL. All VU has to do is divert some of the dollars coming into the endowment to the Anchor Impact Fund. It appears that VU received $31 million in contributions in 2021 - a very small sum compared to the over $10 Billion endowment. Get the donors to divert 10% of that money to the AIF and you have a very good start.
Is $31 million just the amount donated to athletics in 2021? That figure seems way too low for the entire university. Over $15 million was donated to VU on the most recent giving day alone (in late April). And the university is engaged in a $3.2 billion capital campaign right now, which doesn't include Vandy United.
https://finance.vanderbilt.edu/accounti ... Report.pdf

I got it from this and since I'm not a financial expert I could be reading this incorrectly. I took the line that said "contributions" as donations to the endowment fund. This is probably tremendously conservative, which is the point. From all sources Vanderbilt took in $1.5 Billion in 2021, and their endowment actually went up by more due to investments of the endowment.
Ahh. Now I see it. That's $31 million to the endowment without restriction. Total consolidated contributions in 2021 were $103 million, including restricted giving (which obviously makes up the majority of donations).
Locked Previous topicNext topic