In my opinion, it wouldn't be the end of the World.............

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandybrad
Commander

In my opinion, it wouldn't be the end of the World.............

Post by vandybrad »

if we lost today. I hate losing to the Gators in anything but it would give the pitchers and the rest of the team another day's rest. I know the team will be going all out for the win and go for the championship as they should. That would take the team to only getting 3 full day's rest before the tourney. Injuries have decimated the team, especially pitchers and you never know what that extra day could mean. Thoughts?

nyyankeeDore
Captain

Re: In my opinion, it wouldn't be the end of the World.............

Post by nyyankeeDore »

I would go easy on the VU pitchers, let the offense have at it, and hope for a slugfest win.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

A lot of winning is mental: winners know how to win. Would like to see us prove we can beat gators. Would mean a lot going into NCAA I think. Look how much it meant to this team to beat Arkansas
Last edited by charlestonalum on Sun May 28, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Treat it like a pitching tryout to see what some of the lesser used pitchers can do under big pressure.
If someone(s) level up and we win, great.
But either way we don't put more wear and tear on the guys we need to rely on.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

I believe only Graysen Carter has not pitched this week, so anybody else that pitches will be on a limited pitch count. Carter has 13 appearances for a total of 28.2 innings. His longest stint was 5 innings against Lipscomb.

Also remember this is the 5th game in the tournament for Vandy but the 6th for A&M since they played Tuesday.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Haptown wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:46 pm I believe only Graysen Carter has not pitched this week, so anybody else that pitches will be on a limited pitch count. Carter has 13 appearances for a total of 28.2 innings. His longest stint was 5 innings against Lipscomb.

Also remember this is the 5th game in the tournament for Vandy but the 6th for A&M since they played Tuesday.
Well, we've gone this far. Might as well bring home another trophy for the case at McGugin. On national TV during a holiday weekend too!!
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

this is exactly what I was going to post. Usually I don't care too much about the SEC tourney, but as long as we have come this far and have to play today anyway, we might as well bring home a big ole trophy!
MrMemorial wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:00 am
Haptown wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:46 pm I believe only Graysen Carter has not pitched this week, so anybody else that pitches will be on a limited pitch count. Carter has 13 appearances for a total of 28.2 innings. His longest stint was 5 innings against Lipscomb.

Well, we've gone this far. Might as well bring home another trophy for the case at McGugin. On national TV during a holiday weekend too!!
vandybrad
Commander

Post by vandybrad »

Well, after the regional is now over and our bats went silent, this post may have been right on to start with. I would have rather bombed in the SEC tourney and given everything we had to give to the regionals and beyond. Hindsight is 20/20.
Locked Previous topicNext topic