Arky #3

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

roanoke
Admiral

Re: Arky #3

Post by roanoke »

We win.

19-11 in the SEC. We will double host.

Great job coaches, team and pitching staff. We just won a series against #2 without two starting pitchers.

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Praise the Lord - what a game. Top 8 seed, I hope
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Chewing gum & baling wire,,,,,but what a series!
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

That 8th inning last night laid a path from darkness to light, from doubt to confidence. This was a different team today from the last 3+ weeks, this was a team that remembered how to win, with 2nd/3rd line pitchers valiantly stepping into the breach to hold their team together. My hope for the next few weeks has been restored, now it's time for Holton & Owen to recover from their mystery maladies and carry this team forward.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Terrific comeback after the Florida debacle. Many heroes today, but here are my co-MVP's:

1. every pitcher not named Schultz
2. positions 6-9 in the batting order who had 8 hits between them, and 4 of our 5 RBI's
3. me. I rooted harder I think in this game than any other game this season. You're welcome.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 pm Terrific comeback after the Florida debacle. Many heroes today, but here are my co-MVP's:

2. positions 6-9 in the batting order who had 8 hits between them, and 4 of our 5 RBI's
3. me. I rooted harder I think in this game than any other game this season. You're welcome.
Geez, you are DA MAN!!! :D
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

roanoke wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm We win.

19-11 in the SEC. We will double host.

Great job coaches, team and pitching staff. We just won a series against #2 without two starting pitchers.

National seed celebration may be premature. Remember when many of us thought the 2nd victory over UK in MBB was our ticket to the dance.
Last edited by geeznotagain on Sat May 20, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 pm Terrific comeback after the Florida debacle. Many heroes today, but here are my co-MVP's:

I think I have you beat. I was driving down I-85 in a driving rain storm trying to check my phone in the top of the ninth. Nearly wrecked when the graffic changed to "final."
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

commadore wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:36 pm

I think I have you beat. I was driving down I-85 in a driving rain storm trying to check my phone in the top of the ninth. Nearly wrecked when the graffic changed to "final."
But, but, but .... did you have your dog and your wife and your goat cheering with you??

(Okay, so I made up the part about the goat.)
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:53 pm

But, but, but .... did you have your dog and your wife and your goat cheering with you??

No, was in the car with an Alabama fan who was also rooting for us.
BDR-Dore
Chief

Post by BDR-Dore »

Arkansas fans in right center got under Bradfield's skin in 8th inning. Not sure what they said but he wasn't happy about it. After game was over, he turned to them and waived goodbye. It was a great way to send them home with a series loss.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

BDR-Dore wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:19 am Arkansas fans in right center got under Bradfield's skin in 8th inning. Not sure what they said but he wasn't happy about it. After game was over, he turned to them and waived goodbye. It was a great way to send them home with a series loss.
He's an exuberant player -- the kind you love when he's on your side, and you tend not to love if he's an opponent. When he makes an outstanding play in the outfield (which is often, man that guy is a superb CF) he often celebrates. Think about the super play in the 9th inning of game #2 and his reaction immediately thereafter. I expect that kind of exuberance got their goat.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:53 pm

Artistic license !
Locked Previous topicNext topic