Florida #2

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

roanoke
Admiral

Re: Florida #2

Post by roanoke »

Nice at bat by Maldonado. He needed one.

Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

the golden state warriors said it when they were eliminated that they knew they weren't a championship team. I can tell you VU isn't one either.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Would be nice to be able to hit like UF does. Our hits with RSIP is right at 10% and they are near 50%
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Well, we have those nasty Gators right where we want them, now!
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

You see a crappy loss. I see progress. BY this time yesterday we had been run-ruled.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I'm not sure how you compare 2 different games, with different pitchers, and a few different players, one of which had a 70 min rain delay.
NTM that not getting run ruled is all that big of an accomplishment.
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

I was at the game last night. Only time seeing the Dores live this year. 3rd base side, lower level. I have to say it is a nice ballpark - a good place to watch a game. Thankfully nobody harassed me. They're a rowdy bunch but friendly. I'd say we had about 100 Black and Gold there. While I didn't have obnoxious TV color commentary, I did have one guy behind me running his own commentary including a full bit on our excessive "scholarships."

Put simply, they desered to win. They were better batting and pitching than us. Their coach did well. It was hard to tell the strike zone or evaluate how well the ump was calling it. Bradfield was really mad at his called third strike. I thought he'd get tossed. The crowd responded accordingly. Bradfield got two solid contacts later, but sadly couldn't get on base. I think their coach did a great job. They pulled Slater after 4 the inning after he showed he was just starting to lose a little bit of "oomph" when he walked two. Bullpen did the rest. Futrell had lost his "oomph" in the 4th (having pitched solidly up to that point) and that's when they jumped all over him. The pitch counts are indicative. Futrell's # got high fast and Slater's didn't. Slater had 57 pitches and Futrell 86. Watching their guys' stats come up on the screen, I was astounded by how well they are batting and with how much power esp compared to us. 7 Gators, who played, have BAs over .300 and 4 have 14 or more homers and a 5th had 10. I guess you can say they're pretty offensive. UF team stats

I know we're playing away, and "away" has been brutal in the league this year, but I didn't have a good feeling watching. There was a rainbow after the rain delay. Sadly, it wasn't for VU. Pitching and batting feel mediocre. I hope they can right the ship.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Go Vandy! wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:45 pm I'm not sure how you compare 2 different games, with different pitchers, and a few different players, one of which had a 70 min rain delay.
NTM that not getting run ruled is all that big of an accomplishment.
I was feeling down (still am) and being sarcastic. I saw few positives from last night's game.
Locked Previous topicNext topic