Schreck's home run

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

HarpoMarx
Ensign

Schreck's home run

Post by HarpoMarx »

For those watching on TV or listening to radio, what was the explanation for the umpires delaying the game after Schreck's home run? I saw him motioning, it appeared , toward the ky bench when he was between 1st and 2nd. What was going on? Kentucky coach bitching about everything.

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Schreck's home run

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

HarpoMarx wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:32 am For those watching on TV or listening to radio, what was the explanation for the umpires delaying the game after Schreck's home run? I saw him motioning, it appeared , toward the ky bench when he was between 1st and 2nd. What was going on? Kentucky coach bitching about everything.
RJ carried his bat almost all the way to first base, which the UK first baseman took exception with and said something to Schreck. Schreck then returned the favor as he trotted towards second, for which the ump issued a dugout warning.
commadore
Admiral

Re: Schreck's home run

Post by commadore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:28 pm
HarpoMarx wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:32 am For those watching on TV or listening to radio, what was the explanation for the umpires delaying the game after Schreck's home run? I saw him motioning, it appeared , toward the ky bench when he was between 1st and 2nd. What was going on? Kentucky coach bitching about everything.
RJ carried his bat almost all the way to first base, which the UK first baseman took exception with and said something to Schreck. Schreck then returned the favor as he trotted towards second, for which the ump issued a dugout warning.
I loved Schreck's response: Palms down with a "calm down" gesture!
Locked Previous topicNext topic