Does anyone know what is going on?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VandyManners
Lieutenant

Does anyone know what is going on?

Post by VandyManners »

Can someone explain to me how we finished the way we did, very positive and optimistic about the future of Vandy basketball, to what looks like a program in complete rebuild mode? I am dumbfounded at the departure of some of these guys. None of this makes sense unless CJS is leaving, and if he is leaving why not announce it and not put us behind the eight ball once again in finding a coach.

My gut says he is not leaving, and the mass exodus is just a normal occurrence these days. I will say this, I am not giving Stack a pass next year. I don't want to hear about all that we lost and how the portal put us into rebuild mode. For me, its year 5 and we need to make the tournament. If we don't then it will be time to move on. I like Stack, and want him to succeed, but you don't get to make millions of dollars a year and not deliver. That comes with high paying jobs. You are expected to produce. I like what I have seen at times, but he has to find a way to start fast and finish strong. We seem to hit our stride too late. I hope he finds a way to overcome all the exits, but if not, I say it is time for Vandy to move on and try again.

underdog74
Vice Admiral

Re: Does anyone know what is going on?

Post by underdog74 »

Vandy is and always has been different with their coaches. Most schools would've moved on already, but Vandy is an anamoly in many facets of athletics, and they give coaches a lot of time to adjust. CBD was a different story. No one can survive going winless in conference play. Vandy (and Candace Lee) will stick with Stack indefinitely.
volemtine
Chief

Re: Does anyone know what is going on?

Post by volemtine »

If you consider the success of the last half of the season you must give Stack credit. The team was in a great groove. The challenge next year will be for the new players to learn and trust the system. It’s evident that you can make it to the sweet 16 without 4 and 5 star players. Stack will out coach most teams it’s just a matter of the players believing in the system. Just look at the last two wins against Kentucky for confirmation.
Locked Previous topicNext topic