Michigan

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Michigan

Post by charlestonalum »

Just looked at Michigan box score last night and they had a torrid second half to win. For game they hit 55% from 3 and 2! Talk about good shooting and rebounding. Careless with the ball. We have our work cut out for us.

mathguy
Rear Admiral

Re: Michigan

Post by mathguy »

You know, I used to always think that "having your work cut out for you" meant something was going to be easier than usual. Because, you know, someone already cut it out for you. It's like they did have the job - the cutting - already, and now you just need to do the rest! I never quite understood why it means the opposite.

That said, every team in the NIT is good enough to beat us. And we are good enough to beat every team in the NIT. We've been consistently beating better teams for the last month and half now.

At some point some pre game anxiety will creep back in, but until further notice I'm expecting to win every remaining game.

Our guys got this.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

michigan website has the game at noon on Saturday
accent grave over the e
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

I watched that game, their big guy(7-1) is a hand full. they shoot their foul shoots well. It will take a game like we were playing against UT, Ky.Auburn for us to win.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Liam Robbins vs. Hunter Dickinson would have been a helluva battle.

Alas.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

mathguy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:19 am You know, I used to always think that "having your work cut out for you" meant something was going to be easier than usual. Because, you know, someone already cut it out for you.
Thamks, George Carlin, master of word irony!
MtJulietVUFan
Ensign

Post by MtJulietVUFan »

FYI, I keep seeing Vandy folks on social media saying this game is noon based on Michigan's post. That is noon EST. It's at 11:00 am CST.
indysog03
Ensign

Post by indysog03 »

MtJulietVUFan wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 am FYI, I keep seeing Vandy folks on social media saying this game is noon based on Michigan's post. That is noon EST. It's at 11:00 am CST.
We're currently in EDT/CDT, but that's correct otherwise. 11AM local time, 12Noon ET.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

indysog03 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:13 am
MtJulietVUFan wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 am FYI, I keep seeing Vandy folks on social media saying this game is noon based on Michigan's post. That is noon EST. It's at 11:00 am CST.
We're currently in EDT/CDT, but that's correct otherwise. 11AM local time, 12Noon ET.
What's weird is that I have yet to see VU confirm this date and time. I suspect they are lobbying to schedule the game so it doesn't conflict with the Ole Miss baseball game which starts at the same time.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

On this website we often claim that the Big 10 conference is overrated. Michigan was barely over .500 (11-9) in that conference this year. This is a chance to back up our claims.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Time to fish or cut bait lol.........time to sh!t or get off the pot!!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 am
What's weird is that I have yet to see VU confirm this date and time. I suspect they are lobbying to schedule the game so it doesn't conflict with the Ole Miss baseball game which starts at the same time.
It is now up on vucommodores.com site.....fans will have to choose between baseball and basketball.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

cjdore wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am

It is now up on vucommodores.com site.....fans will have to choose between baseball and basketball.
Or let BB fans in to baseball game at completion of the basetball game - hint to marketing!
PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Post by PeteFox »

Call might have done us a favor. We can still dream about what might have been. As i recall, UCLA destroyed Michigan in the semi's.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

charlestonalum wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:49 pm
cjdore wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am

Or let BB fans in to baseball game at completion of the basetball game - hint to marketing!
They did do that last year following the NIT game against Belmont, when baseball was playing...Michigan.
Locked Previous topicNext topic