QMB announces he's returning next year

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

QMB announces he's returning next year

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

To the benefit of the graduate school mechanical engineering program AND the team.

historybill
Admiral

Re: QMB announces he's returning next year

Post by historybill »

What a great thing.

Man this program has come a long way this year.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

that is great news! there is much that q can teach lee dort and his leadership will benefit the entire team. i'll bet shack is extremely happy about this....
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

docdore wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:24 pm that is great news! there is much that q can teach lee dort and his leadership will benefit the entire team. i'll bet shack is extremely happy about this....might even bring a smile.
GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Post by GoheenFan88 »

Awesome news!
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

Mentoring Dort and Lang will be 'uuge
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

I am thrilled!
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Oh wow! This is awesome news. Will really help next year!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I hope he practices shooting from three...not sarcastic. Luke was even taller and hit 3's on a regular basis. And Dawid Przybyszewski hit 43 and 45% from deep at VU in two of his seasons. And that was on a pretty solid sample size from three. And Liam had a good three point shot.
bernstml19
Lieutenant

Post by bernstml19 »

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:04 am I hope he practices shooting from three...not sarcastic. Luke was even taller and hit 3's on a regular basis. And Dawid Przybyszewski hit 43 and 45% from deep at VU in two of his seasons. And that was on a pretty solid sample size from three. And Liam had a good three point shot.
I am pretty sure after 8 years of eligibility that QMB cannot shoot.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

q is 100% from three this season iirc.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

bernstml19 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:49 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:04 am I hope he practices shooting from three...not sarcastic. Luke was even taller and hit 3's on a regular basis. And Dawid Przybyszewski hit 43 and 45% from deep at VU in two of his seasons. And that was on a pretty solid sample size from three. And Liam had a good three point shot.
A dean's list engineering major guy like QMB should be able to analyze motion which can be used to determine how effectively he can improve his shooting via biomechanical breakdowns and movement compensations. The data captured through this technology provides insights into the ways an individual’s physical strength, coordination, and flexibility influence his shooting performance. This allows for objective quantification and evaluation of dynamic coordination while shooting.

Like the high-tech stuff the baseball team has re: hitting.

And then there is practice shooting jump shots which can't hurt.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:36 pm
A dean's list engineering major guy like QMB should be able to analyze motion which can be used to determine how effectively he can improve his shooting via biomechanical breakdowns and movement compensations. The data captured through this technology provides insights into the ways an individual’s physical strength, coordination, and flexibility influence his shooting performance. This allows for objective quantification and evaluation of dynamic coordination while shooting.

I believe you can always add an outside shot. It just depends on how much time he has available to practice that on his own.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Obvious wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 pm

I believe you can always add an outside shot. It just depends on how much time he has available to practice that on his own.
Marc Gasol shot .000 from three his first few seasons, then .083, .071, .182, .176

But then he got serious about outside shooting. His worst season from three after that was 34% and his best seasons from deep were between 38 and 44%.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

If we need QMB to make 3's next season for us to be successful we are in big trouble.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:49 pm
Obvious wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 pm

Marc Gasol shot .000 from three his first few seasons, then .083, .071, .182, .176

But then he got serious about outside shooting. His worst season from three after that was 34% and his best seasons from deep were between 38 and 44%.
We have people on here that were saying Lawrence wouldn’t be able to add an outside shot for NEXT year. Tyrin has improved his outside shooting in just a couple months of games. Outside shooting is a great skill but it’s definitely something you can improve on. It’s not like asking Qmb to be more athletic or bigger.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

nm
Last edited by commadore on Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Yeah, it's helping the baseball team a lot, I can tell. Such as 2 runs in 17 innings against a second rate team.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:05 pm

Yeah, it's helping the baseball team a lot, I can tell. Such as 2 runs in 17 innings against a second rank team.
Evansville is ranked #2 in what? Whatever mid-major conference they are in?

If our team is going to hit better, maybe the coach can stop telling them to take strikes that could be hit into the lake at Centennial Park from there. They took pitches vs Evansville my elderly mother-in-law with cataracts could have hit over the monster.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:16 pm
commadore wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:05 pm

Yeah, it's helping the baseball team a lot, I can tell. Such as 2 runs in 17 innings against a second rank team.
Evansville is ranked #2 in what? Whatever mid-major conference they are in?

If our team is going to hit better, maybe the coach can stop telling them to take strikes that could be hit into the lake at Centennial Park from there. They took pitches vs Evansville my elderly mother-in-law with cataracts could have hit over the monster.
Typo. Changed it to a second Rate team.
Locked Previous topicNext topic