Coach of the Year

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Coach of the Year

Post by commadore »

I was looking at the pre-season predictions for SEC basketball. We were predicted 11th by on publication, 12th by 2, and 13th by 2. One even said "better luck next year." Based on this, it should be a no-brainer the CJS be voted SEC Coach of the Year, but right now all I am hearing is Oates of Bama and the Missouri coach.
who do you thing has done the better job.

Obvious
Captain

Re: Coach of the Year

Post by Obvious »

Oats will probably get coach of the year and Miller will get player of the year. An no one other than Alabama will take is seriously.
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

As I said to someone earlier today.

Vanderbilt was picked to win 3 or 4 SEC games and it going to end up winning 10 or 11.

Vanderbilt's team didn't murder anyone.

I think either Stack or the Texas A&M coach or the Tennessee coach will get coach of the year.

EVEN THE SEC ... EVEN THE SEC... surely could not give a man coach of the year who had one player who murdered someone and another player who brought him the loaded handgun.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

If stack gets to the SEC tourney finals he would probably win given the preseason performance. Bad luck losing Liam as that hurts Stack's chances just like if Miller went down and Bama lost a couple games same thing. A great jockey still needs a good horse.

I will say that this team performed at the expectations I thought it could. I've been hard on Stack all year. Said all year we were talented and it's showing now. I'm less confident we can keep it up without Liam he has been spectacular. But Stack gets a salute for righting the ship. He who deserves the blame deserves credit where it is due.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

I think Stack deserves Coach of the Year.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Vandy187187 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:16 pm If stack gets to the SEC tourney finals he would probably win …
Unfortunately, the SEC awards (if not those by media outlets and others) are voted on and announced BEFORE the SEC Tournament.

I, too, believe Stack should win as he has done so much with much less talent. However, I’m not confident it will happen.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

My guess is Nate Oats wins it, but it will be close due to his tone-deaf comments of the last two weeks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic