LSU boxscore

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

LSU boxscore

Post by mtnvandy »

I missed watching most of the game….

But per box score:
LSU shot 42% from trey & 45% overall. Know defense effects shooting, but it seems we caught them on an unusually hot night.

The fact they out rebounded us 40-35 does, however, stick in my craw a bit. Anything in particular to attribute that to (eg foul trouble)?

MtnVandy

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: LSU boxscore

Post by charlestonalum »

Manjon out much of first half with 2 quick fouls disrupted our offense and a lot of their makes were "tough shots" meaning somehow they went in even though well defended. Even a number of their offensive rebounds were unusual bounces - like on a missed dunk that bounced way outside for an open 3. A strange game that we did mot take control of early like we did at SC. We missed free throws some front ends of 1 and 1 and they had a guy score 35 (career tying night) - he couldn't miss and we coukdn't match up with him. If we play again expect a better result
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Too much standing around on defense after shots! I noticed this before when we were not playing well. Stack needs to yank players from the game if you are standing around and your man has a clean lane to the basket without an attempted box out! We need a strong #4 position player and Smith appears to be our best option….he was really hustling last night.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

Ndorefin wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:17 pm Too much standing around on defense after shots! I noticed this before when we were not playing well. Stack needs to yank players from the game if you are standing around and your man has a clean lane to the basket without an attempted box out! We need a strong #4 position player and Smith appears to be our best option….he was really hustling last night.
more smith. less stute (alas).
Locked Previous topicNext topic