SEC Standings afteer Saturday

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

SEC Standings afteer Saturday

Post by LawoftheWest »

The SEC standings after the Saturday games could be quite interesting.

Some ifs:
If TN beats KY
If Vandy beats Auburn,
Then Vandy is tied for fourth in the SEC, along with KY.

To stay with the 4th place crowd, FL has to win at ARK and MO at home has to beat Texas A&M.

What a fun year for basketball.

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: SEC Standings afteer Saturday

Post by Nashmann »

How good will Florida be the rest of the season without Castleton???
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

This makes the arguable screw jobs at Mizzou (missed goaltending call that was a 4-point swing in a 3-point game) and aTm (36:11 FTA discrepancy) all the more meaningful. Damn shame. But hey. All they have to do is keep winning.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

We are tied with Auburn at #5. Need to continue the win streak. Winning at LSU is not a given, but we will be favored aince the have only 1 conference win. Our shooting must improve. Hope guys are not worn out: hard to get 5 W's in a row in SEC.
Gambit
Ensign

Post by Gambit »

Do you think winning is more physically and mentally draining than losing?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Gambit wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:10 am Do you think winning is more physically and mentally draining than losing?
No, but grinding with the pressure on constantly has to wear on everyone including coaches. But, I think winning builds confidence for sure. We won last not because of defense and rebounding which take effort. Would be nice to have a hot shooting night, too. I will take any win any way we earn it.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:33 am
Gambit wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:10 am Do you think winning is more physically and mentally draining than losing?
No, but grinding with the pressure on constantly has to wear on everyone including coaches. But, I think winning builds confidence for sure. We won last not because of defense and rebounding which take effort. Would be nice to have a hot shooting night, too. I will take any win any way we earn it.
The one I worry about is Robbins. He is physically beaten to a pulp every game. Last night you could see he was worn out. Every foul shot he put his hands on his knees to rest. Every trip under the basket he was held, hooked, elbowed, and jumped on. He has to be tired and probably lives in the training room.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

The improved play by three players has been the key to these wins although a couple of others have helped at certain points. Liam, Manjon, and Lawrence have really upped their game to a very high level! Wright although has not been a real factor on offense, his defense and rebounding have really helped. Trey has had his moments...pretty steady play. Stute has played decent defense and helped to rebound.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Trey led the team in steals last night with 3, none bigger than the passing lane breakup he intercepted followed by the assist to Ty on the runout dunk. The momentum generated by that play was game-changing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic