Is there no on line radio

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Is there no on line radio

Post by commadore »

For these games? I will not be able to watch it all, but figured I could at least pick it up on as radio on the net. Vucommodores.com has nothing.

I now see this morning vucommodores has added a "listen" button. Took long enough.

GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Re: Is there no on line radio

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

Thank you for the information, Commadore. I can now put my 9-volt transistor radio back in mothballs.
GrumpyOldDore
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

Is this something that plays off the vucommodores site - or is it something you pay for?

I’m used to picking up baseball from ESPN or SEC networks - but these games don’t seem to be there?
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

vucommodores.com or the Vanderbilt GameDay App for audio. I’m about to give FloSports $30 for video. Covers the entire tournament and other sports.

I just need to remember to cancel within a month.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Glad I didn't pay for that crap.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

commadore wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:14 pm Glad I didn't pay for that crap.

Did you think the production quality or coverage was crap? Probably not, because if you didn't pay for it you didn't see it.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the production. Play-by-play guy; color commentator; field reporter; player profiles; graphics; instant replays; features before the game; an interview with the winning coach after the game; etc.

A couple times the producer switched to the wrong camera or angle, but overall the production was excellent. In many ways it was better than your typical ESPN broadcast. At least the guys didn't spend so much of their time discussing other teams, NCAA Tournament potential, which BBQ place has the best sauces, ad nauseam.

Oh, did you mean you are glad you didn't pay to watch Vanderbilt collapse late and lose a game that we could have won?

Well, I have news for you: It's going to happen again. It will happen to TCU sometimes as well. It's a game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

But if you're not going to be hypocritical, the next time you watch Vanderbilt on ESPN lose a poorly-played game you will cancel your cable or satellite subscription.

You might as well just follow the Volunteers or some other perfect team.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I’m certainly not holier than anyone, but I don’t call my favorite team “crap.”

Fortunately, I can just “ignore” your comments now that I’ve seen that your true colors aren’t Black and Gold.

And you may do the same with me if you wish.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Versus75 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:25 am I’m certainly not holier than anyone, but I don’t call my favorite team “crap.”

Fortunately, I can just “ignore” your comments now that I’ve seen that your true colors aren’t Black and Gold.

And you may do the same with me if you wish.
I did NOT call the team crap. Obviously, in addition to being a holier than though prick, you have not got the ability to read a simple sentence. I said I didn't want to see that crap. That crap being the kind of play we had. Most likely I have been around as a fan as long or longer than you have. I have driven 300+ miles to see a football team that over a 7 year period won a total of 18 games. I drove over 300 miles to see 13 basketball games the year Garland was a freshman. If that wasn't a crapy season I don't know what it was. I didn't say the team was crap. Learn to read, Bevis.
Locked Previous topicNext topic