Globe Life Field roll call!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Globe Life Field roll call!

Post by Versus75 »

Who is going to the game?

Luke Wyatt, former VU Equipment Manager, said on the VandySports podcast that he and his wife will be there.

Bob Alvis, VandyBoys season ticket holder who lives in Chicago, will be there for all 3 games. He is staying near Dallas Love Field for the weekend and would like to rideshare or ride with someone to the games. He offered to buy your ticket in exchange. Send me a PM if you can help.

others?

Vandy84
Ensign

Re: Globe Life Field roll call!

Post by Vandy84 »

I will be there for all three games.
Go Dores!
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

I'll be in the house all 3 days!! And I can't wait
Vandyfw
Petty Officer

Post by Vandyfw »

VandyFW here. I don’t post much, but have been to Omaha 3 times and bleed Black/Gold. I live here in Fort Worth and will be at the games. I have multiple friends from both TCU and Texas and will get endless grief if we stumble. The competition is stiff but I’m confident in Corbin and crew. Go Dores!!!
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

Planned on attending all 3 but an early work order came in. Saturday still possible.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

I will be there with my parents. Should be able to make all three games. Pumped!!!!

Staying at the Hilton Arlington across the interstate
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

Vandyfw wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:41 am VandyFW here. I don’t post much, but have been to Omaha 3 times and bleed Black/Gold. I live here in Fort Worth and will be at the games. I have multiple friends from both TCU and Texas and will get endless grief if we stumble. The competition is stiff but I’m confident in Corbin and crew. Go Dores!!!
Hey, any recs for food places in the Arlington area we shouldn’t miss???
Vandyfw
Petty Officer

Post by Vandyfw »

Take an Uber to Fort Worth!! For barbecue checkout: Angelo’s, Heim, or Railhead. For Mexican checkout: Joe T Garcia’s, Mi Cocina. For more upscale checkout: Ellerbe, Grace, or Waters (owned by a Vandy grad).

Not knocking Arlington. I just don’t know restaurants there.
Vandyfw
Petty Officer

Post by Vandyfw »

I should probably add Bonnell’s to the upscale list (owned by the same Vandy grad as Waters). Don’t want to get Jon mad at me!!! Lonesome Dove is also very good for upscale. For a good burger joint, Rodeo Goat is fun.
Vandy84
Ensign

Post by Vandy84 »

Those are very good recommendations for Fort Worth eateries.
I would skip Mi Cocina even though the food is great only because it is a DFW chain and has had locations in Atlanta and other cities.

If you are looking for something within walking distance of the stadium, there are several bars and restaurants at Globe Life Live.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Hurtado BBQ in Arlington has superb burnt ends, good brisket & ribs. It's in Arlington, maybe 1.5 miles south of Globe Life Park. Like all good Texas BBQ joints, when they run out of meat, they run out of meat. They're open for lunch, late morning to mid/late-afternoon.
Locked Previous topicNext topic