Calling the game for ESPN/SECN Saturday: UT alumna Courtney Lyle

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Calling the game for ESPN/SECN Saturday: UT alumna Courtney Lyle

Post by BrentVU »

I guess Peyton and Eli were otherwise engaged today. :roll:

https://alumni.utk.edu/s/1341/2/20/inte ... pgid=16983

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Calling the game for ESPN/SECN Saturday: UT alumna Courtney Lyle

Post by BrentVU »

OK, I have to say, Ms. Lyle did a nice job on the play-by-play, and the whole production overall was pretty good compared to past years. (Last year's broadcast was a fiasco because no players had jersey numbers; the previous year, as I recall, the sideline reporter was doing on-the-field interviews while the on-the-field action was being completely ignored.)

Ms. Lyle, whose usual gig is women's basketball play-by-play for ESPN, had done her homework on Vandy, and she and color guy Roman Harper offered astute comments. They were overall very positive and affirming of Coach Lea and the program. Meanwhile, Dawn Davenport got some insightful interviews with Coaches Lea and Lynch, but the action was never ignored. I was worried the production would be second-rate, but it was all pretty well done... especially considering that the lead person was a UT graduate. :)
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I thought it was odd that they wouldn't have used a local Vandy crew of either Kevin Ingram or Andrew Allegretta and someone like Norman Jordan, but I'm guessing between baseball and the radio broadcast of the spring game there was no one available. And yeah, she was actually pretty good.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:59 pm I thought it was odd that they wouldn't have used a local Vandy crew of either Kevin Ingram or Andrew Allegretta and someone like Norman Jordan, but I'm guessing between baseball and the radio broadcast of the spring game there was no one available. And yeah, she was actually pretty good.
That trio did the radio broadcast.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

I thought Ms Lyle did an outstanding job. She was easy to listen to (unlike Beth (Moyers???) who’s impossible to listen to) and seemed very knowledgeable. Roman Harper has a ways to go in order to be a color guy, but should get better with experience.
Locked Previous topicNext topic