Thank You Team & Coach Stackhouse

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Nashmann
Admiral

Thank You Team & Coach Stackhouse

Post by Nashmann »

What a great late-season run! So exciting....appreciate everyone's effort. Come back Scotty and finish what you started. You only go through college once!! :) AD*

"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
mtnvandy
Captain

Re: Thank You Team & Coach Stackhouse

Post by mtnvandy »

Congrats on a great late season run.

To those moving on, I will be proud to call you a fellow Alum.

#ATFD
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Lot's of momentum but lots of work to do. Very optimistic about MBB and WBB.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

No one can ever say that Coach Stack, Scottie Pippen Jr. and crew didn't give everything they had. Very proud.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

I really loved this year's team and I am impressed with our coach. I hope Scotty comes back and that QMB does, as well. I'm excited for last year and I think the way the last part of the season went was really great to see and important to the incoming players.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Hear, hear!
VandyManners
Lieutenant

Post by VandyManners »

Yes, this team fully healthy was not the team that played most of the year. I believe we would have had a few more wins and possibly a bid in the tourney. I know we will never know, but another reason why we need to get heathy and stay healthy to really see what we have. Great job to everyone, it looks like it is turning around. I know Scotty is probably gone, but I would love to see what we could be with him returning for his senior year.
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Congrats team and CJS! The team played hard every game, and improved throughout the season to finish on a strong note. Magic returned to Memorial! Would be thrilled if Scottie returned, but regardless we must build off of this year. Keep the magic and grow! Looking forward to next year.
Vandamnit
Commander

Post by Vandamnit »

Now comes the long wait until late fall when the new team will be back. I am always optimistic about upcoming seasons, but I am REALLY excited to see where CJS takes this team next year. I have high hopes for the 1st year players and if we can continue to see the same level of development for our more experienced players, we will continue to compete. SPJ, please come back. You have a chance to really cement a legacy at Vanderbilt and join that small group of elite players like Booker, Purdue, McCafree, Freije, Foster, Byers who will always be remembered and celebrated across generations of students and fans. You may have an NBA career, but wouldn't it be cool to ALSO see your jersey hanging from the rafters for all time? Oh, and that diploma is way easier to earn while you are on campus.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

VandyManners wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:09 am Yes, this team fully healthy was not the team that played most of the year.
Actually, if we had Thomas last night only for a few minutes, he usually hits a three pointer once or twice in a game. If he hits ONE three last night...

Well, three rounds deep on national TV; beat the #1 seed in the tourney; eliminated Belmont which is always nice (and then thrashed them in baseball too)... beats the heck out of ending the season with 20 straight losses. And it wasn't really that long ago.

Now the unpopular part. So, flame away since I don't care. A big HUGE shout-out to Malcolm Turner for pink slipping bryce drew and hiring Stackhouse in the face of irrational amounts of unfounded criticism and far flung conspiracy theory crap.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

MrMemorial wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 am
VandyManners wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:09 am Yes, this team fully healthy was not the team that played most of the year.
Actually, if we had Thomas last night only for a few minutes, he usually hits a three pointer once or twice in a game. If he hits ONE three last night...

Well, three rounds deep on national TV; beat the #1 seed in the tourney; eliminated Belmont which is always nice (and then thrashed them in baseball too)... beats the heck out of ending the season with 20 straight losses. And it wasn't really that long ago.

Now the unpopular part. So, flame away since I don't care. A big HUGE shout-out to Malcolm Turner for pink slipping bryce drew and hiring Stackhouse in the face of irrational amounts of unfounded criticism and far flung conspiracy theory crap.
you'll get no argument from me on that last paragraph! :lol:
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

VUaskew wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:09 am
MrMemorial wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 am

you'll get no argument from me on that last paragraph! :lol:
Me either!
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:02 pm What a great late-season run! So exciting....appreciate everyone's effort.
Amen! Well done, everybody! It's been so nice to see so much growth from everybody, players and coaches included.
Nashmann wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:02 pm Come back Scotty and finish what you started. You only go through college once!! :) AD*
While that would be nice for us, I just want to wish him well no matter what his decision is. He left everything he had on the court every night this year. Great job, Scottie! And great job to Rodney Chatman, too. I'd have love to have seen him play more games in a Vanderbilt uniform, but I was really pleased with the games he did get to play.
8-) AD*
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

I suspect the team feels that they could have and should have won the whole shebang. Which is how we want them to feel.

They sure were fun to watch this year.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I am very nervous about the team next year without SPJ....as the roster is now barring any major changes. We must have at least one transfer and if he stays, we would need at least two transfers just to accommodate the four incoming freshmen. Doesn't allow room for any transfers in(like another PG)
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic