Bullish on the NCAA tourney so far

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Bullish on the NCAA tourney so far

Post by cc11316 »

I was excited on Thursday morning as the tournament started anticipating a great tournament with great story lines and non-stop basketball from 11 AM - 11:30 PM for two days.

So far, I'm not feeling it as the highlights are two good games that eliminated Kentucky and Iowa but TBH neither of those games was well played basketball. I'm not sure if I'm bummed with some SEC schools getting upset so early (Ky, Bama) or just the lack of quality basketball so far and no heart stopping endings. Well I guess there are still 31 games left after today so I hope it improves as I find myself watching more Netflix and Prime than basketball right now.

Looking forward to Sunday though when the Flyers come to town. That should be fun.

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Bullish on the NCAA tourney so far

Post by MrMemorial »

cc11316 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:03 pm I was excited on Thursday morning as the tournament started anticipating a great tournament with great story lines and non-stop basketball from 11 AM - 11:30 PM for two days.

So far, I'm not feeling it as the highlights are two good games that eliminated Kentucky and Iowa but TBH neither of those games was well played basketball. I'm not sure if I'm bummed with some SEC schools getting upset so early (Ky, Bama) or just the lack of quality basketball so far and no heart stopping endings. Well I guess there are still 31 games left after today so I hope it improves as I find myself watching more Netflix and Prime than basketball right now.

Looking forward to Sunday though when the Flyers come to town. That should be fun.
I've noticed some atrocious officiating in this tourney. Murray should have won in regulation is a big one. Thankfully they did win in the (should never have been needed) overtime.
Locked Previous topicNext topic