So did the buyout save Harsin?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

So did the buyout save Harsin?

Post by Go Vandy! »

My guess: Si.

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: So did the buyout save Harsin?

Post by Seadog73 »

Could have. But there is a VERY small chance some people down there were finally shamed into the realization they were just wrong.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Seadog73 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:15 pm Could have. But there is a VERY small chance some people down there were finally shamed into the realization they were just wrong.
That is what I am hearing. I don't think he is very happy right now though. Lots of reporters tried to ask him questions in Birmingham yesterday and he just glared at them. Who could blame him.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Why would he WANT to stay? Seems to me this has only "delayed the inevitable".
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

What it sounds like is that some Auburn Twitterati who didn't like him started some false and vile rumors about him in an attempt to get him out. Nobody should have to endure that. What it has done is probably prevent Harsin from ever being successful there.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

BrentVU wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:11 am What it sounds like is that some Auburn Twitterati who didn't like him started some false and vile rumors about him in an attempt to get him out. Nobody should have to endure that. What it has done is probably prevent Harsin from ever being successful there.
Totally agree. I confess I only kept up with this on VM but I just went and read several al.com articles over the past week. This part of the AU president's statement seems on target:
“Unfortunately, social media fueled wild speculation, substantial misinformation and unfair attacks on good Auburn people. A feeding frenzy resulted that was beyond anyone’s control. We regret the concern, anger, frustration or hurt that this caused any member of the Auburn family."
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

FayetteDore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 am
BrentVU wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:11 am What it sounds like is that some Auburn Twitterati who didn't like him started some false and vile rumors about him in an attempt to get him out. Nobody should have to endure that. What it has done is probably prevent Harsin from ever being successful there.
Totally agree. I confess I only kept up with this on VM but I just went and read several al.com articles over the past week. This part of the AU president's statement seems on target:
“Unfortunately, social media fueled wild speculation, substantial misinformation and unfair attacks on good Auburn people. A feeding frenzy resulted that was beyond anyone’s control. We regret the concern, anger, frustration or hurt that this caused any member of the Auburn family."
As a lot of you know, I live 40 miles from Auburn. About half my friends are AU grads or fans. NOT A SINGLE ONE wanted him to leave, but all were shocked over some of the allegations...all of which turned out to be false. There have been some players who have said he is too demanding and hard on them in practice. Most are in the portal. My answer is SUCK IT UP YOU WEENIES. I guarantee if they were at UA or Ga it would be as hard if not worse. He just hasn't treated them like the divas they think they are.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

commadore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:38 am
FayetteDore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 am
As a lot of you know, I live 40 miles from Auburn. About half my friends are AU grads or fans. NOT A SINGLE ONE wanted him to leave, but all were shocked over some of the allegations...all of which turned out to be false. There have been some players who have said he is too demanding and hard on them in practice. Most are in the portal. My answer is SUCK IT UP YOU WEENIES. I guarantee if they were at UA or Ga it would be as hard if not worse. He just hasn't treated them like the divas they think they are.
Have no idea if you are right or wrong about the Auburn situation, but think you are on target as to the psyche of many athletes / divas in these days of social media and absurd media attention to 18 year olds. Good post !
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

How do we know the rumors were false? Are we jumping to conclusions, or have I just not been keeping up?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

VU1970 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:56 pm How do we know the rumors were false? Are we jumping to conclusions, or have I just not been keeping up?
1. Reporters from 2 TV stations here in Montgomery, AL, confirmed the rumors were false.
2. Auburn University officials confirmed the rumors were false.
3. Coach denied the rumors were true.
4. SEC Network reported that the rumors false.

Believe what you will, but that is enough for me.

Now for all the low IQ readers, is this plain enough?
Last edited by commadore on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

commadore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:12 pm
VU1970 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:56 pm How do we know the rumors were false? Are we jumping to conclusions, or have I just not been keeping up?
1. Reporters from 2 TV stations here confirmed it.
2. Auburn confirmed it.
3. Coach denied it.
4. SEC Network reported it.

You lost me here, Commodore.

1. Did the TV reporters confirm that the rumors were false?
2. Then Auburn confirmed the rumors were false?
4. And the SEC Network reported the rumors to be false?
3. But Coach denied that the rumors were false?
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

That's enough for me too.

Chalk up more damage done by a social media firestorm ginned up by disgruntled fans (and since so much of it is anonymous, some of it COULD be opposing fans fanning the flames). This one failed to take out a coach, but as someone said above, it's still damaged the program.

And just for the record, I was very glad to see our own VM owner/admin delete some of the SM crap from a different thread, even if it was just screenshots of tweets, etc.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Why would Harsin DENY that the rumors are FALSE?
zhanglini
Commander

Post by zhanglini »

so what is the rumor? that cute little assistant coach?
@AD
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Versus75 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:41 am
commadore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:12 pm
1. Reporters from 2 TV stations here confirmed it.
2. Auburn confirmed it.
3. Coach denied it.
4. SEC Network reported it.

You lost me here, Commodore.

1. Did the TV reporters confirm that the rumors were false?
2. Then Auburn confirmed the rumors were false?
4. And the SEC Network reported the rumors to be false?
3. But Coach denied that the rumors were false?
Go back and read my answers again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic