The good ole days…

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

frstev17
Captain

The good ole days…

Post by frstev17 »

…were really good. So sad

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: The good ole days…

Post by Go Vandy! »

... when there were no whales to save- Waitaminute, wrong website, sorry
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Wow, that atmosphere seemed liked it occurred 20 Years ago, but it was only about 6. It is truly sad what has happened to Vandy Basketball and I mean that sincerely. I've had season tickets in Memorial since the 1981 season (except the year year when they didn't sell any). I could have never imagined the confluence of events that have taken place to get us to this point. It will take a long time, if ever, to recover the lost season ticket base that has left Memorial. With the recent new pricing of seats that came out this season, I fear many will never return, even with a competitive program. But nothing is going to happen as long as the program stays in its current state.
jpmando
Commander

Post by jpmando »

I cannot find some of the great moments that used to be available:

Goheen vs Louisville

Radio broadcast of Shan's Mississippi State game

There are many others-wonder where they went?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

DS2001 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:57 am Wow, that atmosphere seemed liked it occurred 20 Years ago, but it was only about 6. It is truly sad what has happened to Vandy Basketball and I mean that sincerely. I've had season tickets in Memorial since the 1981 season (except the year year when they didn't sell any). I could have never imagined the confluence of events that have taken place to get us to this point. It will take a long time, if ever, to recover the lost season ticket base that has left Memorial. With the recent new pricing of seats that came out this season, I fear many will never return, even with a competitive program. But nothing is going to happen as long as the program stays in its current state.
Winning - when it comes, will bring Memorial Magic back - don't know how soon it will be before we win regularly, but fans and students will immediately return when it does.
frstev17
Captain

Post by frstev17 »

I appreciate your optimism Charleston. Certainly hope you’re right. We all miss the magic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic