OU's QB Spencer Rattler has announced he is transferring to South Carolina next year

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

OU's QB Spencer Rattler has announced he is transferring to South Carolina next year

Post by BrentVU »

That's a huge get for Shane Beamer & Co. Rattler was a Heisman favorite going into the season, but lost his job to sensational freshman Caleb Williams.

We should see him in Nashville next Nov. 5.

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: OU's QB Spencer Rattler has announced he is transferring to South Carolina next year

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Also bringing stud TE Austin Stogner with him from OU.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: OU's QB Spencer Rattler has announced he is transferring to South Carolina next year

Post by vandy05 »

I'll say it now (and will eat crow if I'm wrong), but I'm not worried about this at all. I don't think this will pan out the way anyone is hoping it will.
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

vandy05 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:37 pm I'll say it now (and will eat crow if I'm wrong), but I'm not worried about this at all. I don't think this will pan out the way anyone is hoping it will.
Rattler may not be a Heisman candidate at SC, but I think he is a definite upgrade at the position there, so that is a negative for Vanderbilt.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

katmai wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:47 pm
vandy05 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:37 pm I'll say it now (and will eat crow if I'm wrong), but I'm not worried about this at all. I don't think this will pan out the way anyone is hoping it will.
Rattler may not be a Heisman candidate at SC, but I think he is a definite upgrade at the position there, so that is a negative for Vanderbilt.
They put him on the bench for a reason. And in the history of college football, high profile guys transferring works out well for them very rarely. Jalen Hurts was successful at OU, but history is riddled with this highly rated recruits who don't work hard (Rattler is definitely one of those guys) and have gotten by on sheer talent. When they get to the big leagues it all kind of falls apart on them. From afar, he does not seem like a kid who can battle through adversity, and there will be plenty of that at USCe. He seems like the kind of kid who will blame his teammates and not look inward. Just my two cents.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

BrentVU wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:49 pm That's a huge get for Shane Beamer & Co. Rattler was a Heisman favorite going into the season, but lost his job to sensational freshman Caleb Williams.

We should see him in Nashville next Nov. 5.
Beamer was at OU, and that is how this transpired. Gamecocks are ecstatic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic