Current Recruiting Rank: 28 National; 10 SEC

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Current Recruiting Rank: 28 National; 10 SEC

Post by BILTMORE »

With our recent flurry of commits, we've jumped from 31 to 28 overall and from 12 to 10 in the conference.

If we could get Diakite and Martin (our highest rated prospect), we might jump to a top 25 ranking.

That, my friends, would be a recruiting coup for VU.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Current Recruiting Rank: 28 National; 10 SEC

Post by BrentVU »

BILTMORE wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:18 pm With our recent flurry of commits, we've jumped from 31 to 28 overall and from 12 to 10 in the conference.

If we could get Diakite and Martin (our highest rated prospect), we might jump to a top 25 ranking.

I think this class is really exciting, but not for that reason. Everyone always needs to keep these national recruiting rankings in perspective.

This class is impressive for these reasons:
1. It's shown the staff's ability to approach and flip committed prospects
2. It's demonstrated the staff's amazing ability to close the deal on prospects once they make an official visit

And folks need to remember about this staff: IT'S ALL ABOUT DEVELOPING AND RETAINING TALENT. It's about finding players who have outstanding measurables and potential, and developing them over time to be their best... kind of like fine wine. That's' why a Vandy class under Clark Lea may look a little different, but no one should underestimate it.

And... there are more guys still out there besides Martin and Diakite, guys who have been in touch with Vandy but for whom the silence recently has been deafening... for instance...
- Connor Lingren
- Xayvion Bradshaw
- Sidney Mbanasor
- Tucker Holloway
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

BrentVU wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:51 pm
BILTMORE wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:18 pm With our recent flurry of commits, we've jumped from 31 to 28 overall and from 12 to 10 in the conference.

I think this class is really exciting, but not for that reason. Everyone always needs to keep these national recruiting rankings in perspective.

This class is impressive for these reasons:
1. It's shown the staff's ability to approach and flip committed prospects
2. It's demonstrated the staff's amazing ability to close the deal on prospects once they make an official visit

And folks need to remember about this staff: IT'S ALL ABOUT DEVELOPING AND RETAINING TALENT. It's about finding players who have outstanding measurables and potential, and developing them over time to be their best... kind of like fine wine. That's' why a Vandy class under Clark Lea may look a little different, but no one should underestimate it.

And... there are more guys still out there besides Martin and Diakite, guys who have been in touch with Vandy but for whom the silence recently has been deafening... for instance...
- Connor Lingren
- Xayvion Bradshaw
- Sidney Mbanasor
- Tucker Holloway

Ditto, what Brent said. I'm by no means a ratings fan but they do provide some handy excitement and validation for the more substantial qualities of a class.

I too am excited about what Barton and Clark have identified in this class.
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

whoops just dropped to 29/11

Post by BILTMORE »

I guess whoever was No 12 just landed a 4 star!
Troubadore
Rear Admiral

Post by Troubadore »

Glad you started this thread as I've been thinking the same. A few years of this quality of class, and some good coaching, and voila, there's a top-25 program. Not so impossible. Keep 'em coming CCL and Company(!)

Gone are the days of #60-rated classes coached down to #115. Had enuff 'o dat. It wasn't long ago that we had 40-something thousand travel to our Bham bowl against U Houston. There are plenty of VU fans ready to jump back on the bandwagon - they just need a reason - and this type of class is a good start.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

And doing it all without having to puff up our ranking by taking four-star players who got passed over by other schools because of character issues.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I wonder how much having those renderings of new facilities is also helping. No coach at Vanderbilt has ever had something like that to show recruits.
Locked Previous topicNext topic