Vandy-Tennessee thread

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Re: Vandy-Tennessee thread

Post by Johnmn555 »

roanoke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:47 pm Why throw it away on a two point conversion?

That is not good football IQ.

After a pretty drive like that going for two and throwing a prayer just leavews a bad taste. If you have a good play - that's one thing. That was just heave it under pressure. I really don't get it.

Watch the spread down the line...
That play really jumped out at me, and not in way flattering to Wright. It reminded me of a high school QB who is hard wired to do something (throw the ball away when under pressure) and cannot exercise any initiative to deviate from that policy even when it makes no sense. I cannot, for example, have imagined Jordan Rodgers doing something like that.

We got three touchdowns. The first, welcome as it might have been, was, of course, pretty much a fluke. The other two were the products of drives where we went for it on 4th down four times, which is something you are not doing unless you are well behind. We don't score until the defense is playing preventy and we are in 4 down mode for basically a whole drive.

The curious Mr. Lea. 4th and 1 from your own 14 in the first half is not too risky to go for it, but when you get the ball on your own 25 with 44 seconds left in the half, it's too risky to try passing so you just run and don't use your timeouts.

Locked Previous topicNext topic