Come on Predators don’t play “Rocky Top”

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Come on Predators don’t play “Rocky Top”

Post by Golddore68 »

Watching the Predators vs. Ducks game on TV. Coming back from a commercial break they were playing “Rocky Top.”

:cry:

They couldn’t find a better song to fire up the crowd than that?

Junnah
Commander

Re: Come on Predators don’t play “Rocky Top”

Post by Junnah »

I was there. It got the usual warm response. It was gross.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I was watching a state h.s. playoff TV game recently and noticed Tullahoma High has an orange "T" in the middle of their field but they don't wear orange. They wear red and white. What's with the kissing up to uut?
VirginiaDore
Ensign

Post by VirginiaDore »

Have lived in eight states, in all of which identification with the flagship state university on the part of the vast majority of the population is just the way it works. No point in complaining or protesting. It starts for most kids in grade school (or just before) when they first become interested in sports and begin to play a little ball themselves, and it lasts a lifetime. My three degrees are from elite private universities (Vandy included) which have very little popular following. Again, just the way it is. The sad thing is the way even Nashville has become indifferent to Vandy since I was a VU student in the ‘70s. There were lots of “sidewalk alumni” in those days, plenty of sports coverage by local journalists (both print and television) who clearly identified with Vandy, frequently-encountered bumper stickers proudly proclaiming that “Vanderbilt IS the University of Tennessee,” and the like. I moved back to Middle Tennessee not long ago and was shocked by how much all that has changed. Our last bowl game was not even MENTIONED by WSMTV on its evening news and sports broadcast—on the evening we were about to play the game! I watched in disbelief. Paul Eels must have been turning over in his grave.
gymbo
Rear Admiral

Post by gymbo »

Since Vanderbilt sports medicine, I believe, is the official medical care provider for the Predators you’d think they’d be a little bit more aware of their community partnerships, but maybe not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic