Coach Lea takes to the copter on Friday night again

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Coach Lea takes to the copter on Friday night again

Post by BrentVU »

See a little video here...

fldore
Vice Admiral

Re: Coach Lea takes to the copter on Friday night again

Post by fldore »

Imagine a kids disappointment when he sees the red helicopter thinking Nick Saban is gonna step out only to see it's Vandy.

If he wants to make an entrance maybe he can drive around in a busted up mercury with a enormously loud backfire. Paint the vandy star on the front hood.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

I really don't understand why this Board attracts such negativity, so many negative remarks. The team is not good right now. That did not happen overnight. The administration has historically diminished athletics, football especially. No one can waive a magic wand over the campus and suddenly transform Vanderbilt into Stanford academically and Alabama athletically - that will never happen. While transforming Vandy may take a combination of Sisyphus-like persistence and Herculean strength, at least they are trying now. If we can't allow time to see if the effort will succeed, throwing rocks at the effort surely reduces the chance of success.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Seadog73 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:10 am I really don't understand why this Board attracts such negativity, so many negative remarks. The team is not good right now. That did not happen overnight. The administration has historically diminished athletics, football especially. No one can waive a magic wand over the campus and suddenly transform Vanderbilt into Stanford academically and Alabama athletically - that will never happen. While transforming Vandy may take a combination of Sisyphus-like persistence and Herculean strength, at least they are trying now. If we can't allow time to see if the effort will succeed, throwing rocks at the effort surely reduces the chance of success.
We probably could answer this question if we were psychiatrists, but I hope all their children are brilliant and good looking so they don't incur any of the scorn that VU athletics attracts from them. VU#
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

fldore wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:36 am
If he wants to make an entrance maybe he can drive around in a busted up mercury with a enormously loud backfire.
As if the kids (and the adults) are not already subjected to obnoxiously loud cars/trucks/motorcycles in every town and suburb in the nation lately as it is. Video games and skateboards have been replaced by crotch-rocket cycles, ricers, rolling coals, etc.

At the risk of sounding like an old "get off my lawn" era guy, THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

Given the state of our football program, Lea probably arrived on a medical evac helicopter.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Doreknox wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:48 am Given the state of our football program, Lea probably arrived on a medical evac helicopter.

Although the life flight choppers are cool as hell looking. Maybe could rent short term with a stick-on label to cover the " life flight " label.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

The chopper flights started with CJF. I don't remember seeing anything about CDM using them to cover multiple games in the middle Tennessee area. I am just glad CCl is doing it, regardless of the color of the bird.
Locked Previous topicNext topic