Saturday's VU-NC State game declared a no contest: VANDY TO FINALS!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Saturday's VU-NC State game declared a no contest: VANDY TO FINALS!

Post by admin »

Just reported on ESPN,

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
dcdore
Admiral

Re: Saturday's VU-NC State game declared a no contest: VANDY TO FINALS!

Post by dcdore »

NCAA statement:

“The NCAA Division I Baseball Committee has declared the Vanderbilt-NC State Men’s College World Series game scheduled for Saturday, June 26 at 1 p.m. Central time a no-contest because of COVID-19 protocols. This decision was made based on the recommendation of the Championship Medical Team and the Douglas County Health Department. As a result, Vanderbilt will advance to the CWS Finals. The NCAA and the committee regret that NC State’s student-athletes and coaching staff will not be able to continue in the championship in which they earned the right to participate. Because of privacy issues, we cannot provide further details.”
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

My heart goes out to the NCState fans. They had a very good chance to win tomorrow regardless of who was available. Their team/management probably should be second-guessed for putting themselves into this position in the first place. Not terribly responsible regardless of opinions on the current and fluid state of everything.

But we've got Leiter in game 1 and Kumar in game 3, plus a rested bullpen. Now, if only our batters could take a correspondence course in reading pitches and hitting the baseball.

I don't give us much chance against either MIssState or UT, but we play for a reason. Our 5th trip to the CWS in 11 years and 4th trip to finals in that span... We've become the baseball version of Bama.
thefan
Captain

Agree that China's lack of...

Post by thefan »

responsibility cost N.C. State an opportunity!
vandyfan4life
Ensign

Post by vandyfan4life »

My question is:
What would have been done if NC State had won Friday night??
Vandy brought back from the dead or Texas/Miss St winner declared NC?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

vandyfan4life wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:46 am My question is:
Most likely declared the Texas/MSU winner the national champs.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

But-but-but... the NC State coach doesn't want to "indoctrinate" his athletes by getting them vaccinated during a deadly pandemic.

On the other hand, NC State does require certain vaccinations to attend in person...
https://healthypack.dasa.ncsu.edu/healt ... ompliance/
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:42 am My heart goes out to the NCState fans. They had a very good chance to win tomorrow regardless of who was available. Their team/management probably should be second-guessed for putting themselves into this position in the first place. Not terribly responsible regardless of opinions on the current and fluid state of everything.

But we've got Leiter in game 1 and Kumar in game 3, plus a rested bullpen. Now, if only our batters could take a correspondence course in reading pitches and hitting the baseball.

I don't give us much chance against either MIssState or UT, but we play for a reason. Our 5th trip to the CWS in 11 years and 4th trip to finals in that span... We've become the baseball version of Bama.
probably??
accent grave over the e
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:42 am My heart goes out to the NCState fans. They had a very good chance to win tomorrow regardless of who was available. Their team/management probably should be second-guessed for putting themselves into this position in the first place. Not terribly responsible regardless of opinions on the current and fluid state of everything.

We greatly benefit from not having to play today and Texas winning last night! We have a good chance. Hopefully our bats will come alive.
accent grave over the e
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

egbertsouse wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:36 am

probably??
Does "Bob Jones University" need a baseball coach?
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... issues-cws

"starting second baseman JT Jarrett and bullpen ace Evan Justice were out due to COVID-19-related issues. A source described Jarrett as "no longer with the team" "
interesting?

"According to the NCAA, Tier 1 individuals -- which includes players, coaches and other travel team parties and officials -- must undergo testing if they are not fully vaccinated."
accent grave over the e
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

vandyfan4life wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:46 am My question is:
That's a really good question. Reading between the lines of the NCAA statement it sure looks like a whole bunch of NC State players must have come back with positive rapid tests. That would mean they might well not have enough pitchers to get through three games monday tuesday wednesday
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Reports today (and last night) say NCSU was down to 13 players for our first game. If any more tested positive after the game, I doubt they could field a team for today's rubber match.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

When Avant was asked if he was vaccinated, he said he didn't want to talk about "politics." That said all we needed to know about him. He thinks being vaccinated for COVID is a political issue and not a way to stop/control the disease. He paid dearly for his political bias.
Starkiller
Commander

Post by Starkiller »

Doreknox wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:26 am When Avant was asked if he was vaccinated, he said he didn't want to talk about "politics." That said all we needed to know about him. He thinks being vaccinated for COVID is a political issue and not a way to stop/control the disease. He paid dearly for his political bias.
Agreed, that was my first thought when I read his comment.

It’s not a political matter, it’s medicine. That fact that it has become political is insane.
wbl
Rear Admiral

Post by wbl »

Somebody at NCS should face a lot of scrutiny for this…missing a possible National Championship because they were sloppy and indecisive.
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

Starkiller wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:33 am
Doreknox wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:26 am When Avant was asked if he was vaccinated, he said he didn't want to talk about "politics." That said all we needed to know about him. He thinks being vaccinated for COVID is a political issue and not a way to stop/control the disease. He paid dearly for his political bias.

It’s not a political matter, it’s medicine. That fact that it has become political is insane.
The problem is politics have corrupted the "science".
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Does anyone know if all of our team has been vaccinated?
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

fldore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am

Not at all. The science is correct. Some not very bright people conflated the two and gave out terrible misinformation. Would you rather be in the NCSU camp this morning supporting their politics or be with Vanderbilt's team, whose leader chose to go with science?

FL, you should visit the baseball forum on Volnation this morning. The Orange are rending their garments and gnashing their teeth over the politics behind NCSU's fate. I think you have more in common with them than us.
Last edited by Doreknox on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starkiller
Commander

Post by Starkiller »

fldore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am

It has mostly just corrupted people’s view of the science, not the science itself…
Locked Previous topicNext topic