I'm wondering when we will get our first transfers.

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: I'm wondering when we will get our first transfers.

Post by MrMemorial »

Nashmann wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:53 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:02 pm And possibly another Big Ten 7-footer. And possibly a super-promising 7-footer you never heard about that you will do summersaults and backflips over if we get him. (He owns the glass!!)

#KeepYourPantsOn
Cruel to drop this info and not tell....
BS

Anybody with social media and google on their laptop can figure out who we are after and that is not a guarantee that the info is correct. Who on here knew anything about Ansong or Paul Lewis a year ago?

Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

They are keeping quiet
VUinFL
Commander

Post by VUinFL »

where is Max Abmas going?
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

The portal is making some coaches recruit a new team every year. Players can't stay together and grow as a team!! Tell me all coaches like this and some coaches has to work ten times as hard to get good players? A player gets their education free so why can't they stay the course and gel as a team. I started watching basketball in the early 70's so I'm old school about this. So we get a few good players from time to time, but does it get us in the big dance? We may at some time get in but at what cost. Vanderbilt is tougher to get in to and some players don't want too tactically it.That is the reason he is recruiting the ivy league mostly.
Vandamnit
Commander

Post by Vandamnit »

Just counted up transfer portal recruits on 247 Crystal Ball. Seems about 52 schools have at least one transfer, leaving about 300 without any yet. Just thought folks might want to know that we aren't really "behind", even though the posts on social media seem to imply that we might be. So, patience patience patience.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Vandamnit wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:38 am Just counted up transfer portal recruits on 247 Crystal Ball. Seems about 52 schools have at least one transfer, leaving about 300 without any yet. Just thought folks might want to know that we aren't really "behind", even though the posts on social media seem to imply that we might be. So, patience patience patience.
I just looked at the portal on Verbal Commits and nearly 1400 players went in and it looks like 10% or maybe 15% at most have landed somewhere. Many of these guys are going to end up at some tiny school they never previously heard of or will end up playing intramurals for p.e. class credit if they are lucky. The portal...where dreams go to die for many of them.

For every Hunter Dickinson there are many hundreds of Olumide Adeloduns and Daniel Brasters.
bernstml19
Lieutenant

Post by bernstml19 »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:03 pm
Vandamnit wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:38 am Just counted up transfer portal recruits on 247 Crystal Ball. Seems about 52 schools have at least one transfer, leaving about 300 without any yet. Just thought folks might want to know that we aren't really "behind", even though the posts on social media seem to imply that we might be. So, patience patience patience.
I just looked at the portal on Verbal Commits and nearly 1400 players went in and it looks like 10% or maybe 15% at most have landed somewhere. Many of these guys are going to end up at some tiny school they never previously heard of or will end up playing intramurals for p.e. class credit if they are lucky. The portal...where dreams go to die for many of them.

For every Hunter Dickinson there are many hundreds of Olumide Adeloduns and Daniel Brasters.
And DJ Harveys https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /dj-harvey
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

The 20% that has, their 80% that hasn't. We should least get five.
Locked Previous topicNext topic