Thoughts on Vandy's loss to Tennessee

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: Thoughts on Vandy's loss to Tennessee

Post by geeznotagain »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:37 am "Playing to our identity" cost us this game. Lea et al need to learn to "take what they give you." Do all defensive coaches have a stuborness in their DNA? I must admit that SC coaches (also in year 2) showed what being creative can do especially on offense. We did the opposite.
I hope Swann did not get another concussion. In retrospect, Seals should have been the early QB option - in the first half.
We had an improved season, but the future is not rosy if this staff cannot be more flexible and creative given the talent deficit.
“Playing to our identity” no doubt contributed to the size of the loss. But we weren’t going to win this game regardless of the game plan or who was coaching. Talent disparity was far and away the key reason for the loss.

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Thoughts on Vandy's loss to Tennessee

Post by Nashmann »

BrentVU wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:43 pm
TnValleyDore wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:52 pm I gave up before Swann came in so I didn’t see the hit. I do hope he’s OK. But putting him in down 35-0 to get knocked around when we have an healthy experienced gunslinger on the bench may have been the worst of the bad coaching calls last night.
Swann got sacked on a third down play, and that was his last play of the game. It looked as though his helmet did hit the turf as he fell, but not as hard as in the South Carolina game. He went into the injury tent during Tennessee's possession, and later came out and looked OK. But Wright went into the game on the next Vandy possession and went the rest of the way.
Seals should have gone in at that point. Wright was useless at that point. Did Seals piss someone off????
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic