NFL Draft in Nashville details

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

NFL Draft in Nashville details

Post by Titans309fan »

https://www.titansonline.com/news/what- ... m=referral

This will be a once in a lifetime experience for the Nashville area, and best of all, it is free! Whether you want to cheer your favorite NFL team or see where Vandy players like Shurmur get drafted, it should be an amazing time.

magicpup

Re: NFL Draft in Nashville details

Post by magicpup »

We’ll be there.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Draft begins tomorrow!!!

I will skip tomorrow (have a conflicting event), but I will hang out downtown all afternoon and evening on Friday. The NFL Mobile Fan Pass app has a good map and schedule of events, as well as letting you get into the various staging areas.

There will be a lot of player appearances as well as autograph signings. It's going to be crazy downtown this weekend (Saturday is the marathon as well), but it should be a blast.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Great pick by the Titans to get Simmons (DT) from Miss State. While he won't be able to make an immediate impact due to an ACL tear in February, he would likely have been a top 10 pick if not for the injury.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

Titans should have traded up to get Haskins. They need a QB.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

I would expect the Titans today to target OL and WR. There are still a lot of good receivers left. These are the only two spots where I could see a player starting in game 1.

Positions the Titans won't draft: QB (have Mariota and a solid backup), RB, TE, K, P. Anything else is possible, but mainly for depth.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

I was correct about the Titans picks, and they did a terrific job today without needing to trade up.

I really like how the Titans are looking this year. This will be fun team to watch, and the fan base has been energized by the draft events.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Titans draft picks:

1. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss St
2. A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
3. Nate Davis, G, Charlotte
4. Amani Hooker, DB, Iowa
5. D'Andre Walker, OLB, Georgia
6. David Long, ILB, West Virginia

This could be Robinson's best draft yet. We came in with 6 picks and left with 6 picks, and still picked up terrific players. Sure trading up and down constantly can be fun, but it can also be painful in future years (like last year's draft for the Titans).

The draft in Nashville was also a huge success which should have tremendous financial impact for the weekend, as well as visitors who plan on coming back. Titans fans represented well from what I could see.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

The draft set huge attendance numbers (600,000 fans total over three days) and set the record for best TV ratings for an NFL draft. Nashville had one year to plan to this draft, and the people behind it such a terrific job.

I was really proud to be a Nashvillian this weekend. :)

https://www.titansonline.com/news/2019- ... -in-attend
Locked Previous topicNext topic