Top-ranked Vandy opens season Friday in Arizona

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Top-ranked Vandy opens season Friday in Arizona

Post by Good2BGold »

Versus75
Admiral

All 3 games at Talking Stick on MLB TV?

Post by Versus75 »

Our own website lists just the Virginia game on Friday as being televised. The schedules of Virginia, Cal-Fullerton and TCU to not list other games as being televised.

But it's not as though MLB has even spring training games to show. Perhaps 247 knows something we don't yet know:

"Corbin ... will have to navigate his squad through a tough opening weekend that begins with Virginia at 6 p.m. CST Friday and continues with No. 25 California State Fullerton at 2 p.m. CST Saturday and No. 19 Texas Christian at noon CST Sunday. All those matchups are a part of the MLB4 Collegiate Baseball Tournament in Talking Stick, Ariz., and can be seen on the MLB Network and MLB.TV."
VUDU
Lieutenant

Re: Top-ranked Vandy opens season Friday in Arizona

Post by VUDU »

Cable listings for MLB Network only show the Friday game, not the Saturday or Sunday games.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

The piece mentions MLB.TV as one of the outlets carrying the game. That's major league baseball's subscription-based digital platform, so presumably the other games will be available on that platform. Hopefully since it's college, they will make those free to view.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

I just got off the phone with someone at MLB Network. As far as I can tell, the only game that will actually be televised is the VU-UVA game Friday evening at 6 p.m. CST on MLB Network. According to the gentleman I spoke with, highlights and game casts for all the other tourney games will be available at http://www.MLB.com/MLB4. I don't know how reliable that info is because the gentleman admittedly didn't even know the tournament was taking place.
Locked Previous topicNext topic